What minor disaster has befallen you today?

1 lurker | 89 watchers
Feb 2023
8:37pm, 26 Feb 2023
6,593 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
Was going out on the lakeland fells with eldest. Drove to his flat, took my stuff in while he finished getting ready then loaded up the car. Got to start point (1 hour away) and discovered that whilst I'd got my day sack, my walking boots were still in his flat.
Only minor as my standard footwear is walking shoes, and they turned out to be fine (which goes to show how dry it has been this winter)
Mar 2023
8:21am, 2 Mar 2023
37,786 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
Our grey bins were collected on Tuesday. It's a row of terraced houses so we all put our bins on a patch of (someone else's) ground at the end of the back path. No.6's bin hasn't been taken in yet so this morning I wheeled it up the path to put it in their back yard for them. But they have a Yale lock on their back gate so I couldn't put the bin in, and had to wheel it all the way back down the path. (Can't leave it on the path as the lady in no.8 wouldn't be able to get past on her mobility scooter.)
Mar 2023
12:05pm, 2 Mar 2023
7,434 posts
  •  
Pothunter
Not me, but D1 is dying fabric and managed to get it inside her glove. Her hand is now blue :-)

(She’s not seeing the funny side of the Smurf theme tune just yet :-) )
Mar 2023
12:31pm, 2 Mar 2023
64,411 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
I was packing equipment for Norway, knocked over a monitor and the glass shattered. Annoyingly it was one of the only 8 we have of that size and we now need a replacement.
Mar 2023
12:35pm, 2 Mar 2023
694 posts
  •  
Minimag
Twisted my ankle while out running today, why do these things happen when you are about the furtherest you can be from home!
It's swollen, but not too serious. Lesson learnt though, no more trail running until after my marathon
Mar 2023
1:09pm, 2 Mar 2023
37,788 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
[Postcript to my post above...
Someone must have heard me trundling the bin up and down the back path and assumed it was bin day (a couple of the houses are holiday lets so the resident might not know that Tuesday every 3 weeks is grey bin day). So now another grey bin has appeared next to no.6's 🤣]
Mar 2023
11:12pm, 2 Mar 2023
22,302 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I worked out that my wife would arrive at 13:45 therefore it was reasonable to have a mid-morning snack before a late lunch. But - as I knew perfectly well - she arrived at 12:45.
Mar 2023
8:03am, 3 Mar 2023
76,973 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Forgot to bring a hot cross bun to work with me, despite seeing them when I made my sandwich.
Mar 2023
9:42am, 3 Mar 2023
10,186 posts
  •  
Raemond
I forgot to put my watch on this morning.

My options are either to walk all the way back to my apartment and get it at lunch time, or to go without it until Sunday or Monday evening (depending when I come back to Brussels).
Mar 2023
7:56pm, 3 Mar 2023
4,190 posts
  •  
Winniefree
The tapas restaurant I had lunch in, in the town centre, had run out of all but whole milk. I asked for black tea. I got a small pot with two teabags in - so black I couldn't drink it.

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...