What minor disaster has befallen you today?

89 watchers
Mar 2023
12:54am, 12 Mar 2023
64,592 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
J failed his driving theory test. He passed the multiple choice bit easily but just missed out on the hazard perception part. He says he thinks he clicked too soon on some of them.

When Callum was practising for his theory test I had a go at the hazard perception test and failed miserably every time, I was spotting most of the hazards but if you spot them too soon you are punished which is ridiculous, should be getting extra credit for being more away of the surroundings.
Mar 2023
3:23pm, 13 Mar 2023
37,841 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
I put the bedlinen out on the rotary line as the wind was blowing so strongly, perfect for drying.

So strongly that the combination of high winds and the weight of the bedlinen bent the pole and snapped it at the bottom.

Luckily the linen was practically dry and it fell onto the woodpile so it didn't need re-washing.

Now googling new rotary driers.
Mar 2023
3:39pm, 13 Mar 2023
27,278 posts
  •  
Dave.O
Some arse wipe has doored my car leaving a scuff on the passenger door :( Hoping it will come out.
Mar 2023
8:59pm, 13 Mar 2023
3,504 posts
  •  
Oranj
[In 10 years time you'll be wondering which scuff you were worrying about. It's just a motorised tin box, after all.]
Mar 2023
6:28am, 14 Mar 2023
58,874 posts
  •  
alpenrose
I put a sugar and sweetener in my tea this morning, then before giving it to me my sister also put a sugar and sweetener in my tea. It's rather sweet but I'm drinking it anyway.
Mar 2023
2:55pm, 14 Mar 2023
4,251 posts
  •  
Winniefree
Got out of the lift in the hotel and couldn’t work out why the key wouldn’t open the door to our room. That would be because our room is on the floor above.
Mar 2023
2:56pm, 14 Mar 2023
68,157 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
My handbag went missing at work. I was convinced I had put it in the hatch lift but when it went to top floor it wasn’t there. Thought the girls were pranking me but as the morning went I realised they weren’t so thought it had somehow been pinched…..yeah you can now guess it was lying in the bottom of lift shaft 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️. One broken handle later I got it bag phew
Mar 2023
5:59pm, 14 Mar 2023
10,223 posts
  •  
Raemond
Bloody UPS STILL have some essential supplies for my event tomorrow.
They've agreed we can have them, but I have to go collect them from the depot when they open at 8 am.

The show opens at 8:30.
Mar 2023
6:00pm, 14 Mar 2023
9,553 posts
  •  
Eynsham Red
Got out of the lift in the hotel and couldn’t work out why the key wouldn’t open the door to our room. That would be because our room is on the floor above.
I once went to my hotel room and found the door open, the cleaner inside and all of my stuff gone.
When I asked what was going on, the cleaner suggested that my room might be on the next floor up! 🤦‍♂️
Mar 2023
8:53pm, 14 Mar 2023
6,612 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
We went for a walk (minus dogs fortunately) at a forestry commission centre not too far from around lunchtime and ended up at their café. Just after we'd ordered Mrs TR realised she had a nose bleed and headed off to the toilets. Food was delivered, but the nose bleed lasted half an hour and we ended up having Mrs TR's food boxed up for us to take home and reheat.

A lady who happened to go to the toilets at the same time helped, and enlisted the café staff. Fortuitously the centre's first aider (a volunteer who in real life is a community nurse) was having his break in the café so went to help, and a member of the kitchen staff went with rubber gloves and disinfectant to clean the washbasin.
All is now good, and the response from the centre was really good, caring and professional (an email of thanks has been sent)

About This Thread

Maintained by MabelMoonface
SweetPea got a bit giddy whilst playing Articulate and managed to land the chair leg on her toe. The...