F'Laps 2024

1 lurker | 115 watchers
6 Jul
6:44am, 6 Jul 2024
3,076 posts
  •  
ptr_runner
Three laps down, just had some porridge for breakfast. It's warm already at 17° on my last loop.
6 Jul
6:48am, 6 Jul 2024
493 posts
  •  
theOtherRichard
Lap 2 done

Rain has stopped. Let's hope it stays away.
6 Jul
7:04am, 6 Jul 2024
49,489 posts
  •  
DocM
Raining. Just finished a first lap. It finished after 7am. So can I count that as my 7am lap? Or do I need to do a better job and start and finish within the hour?
6 Jul
7:07am, 6 Jul 2024
11,892 posts
  •  
Raemondo
I think the bit you're counting as the F'Lap has to be within the same hour - so the last bit of your run since 7am could count, but then you have to keep running just that distance for future F'Laps.

Or you could start again at/just after 8.
6 Jul
7:11am, 6 Jul 2024
187 posts
  •  
Chicken 🐔 Legs
Off for a few laps, enjoying my #ParkLife
6 Jul
7:14am, 6 Jul 2024
49,490 posts
  •  
DocM
I'll start my flaps with my next one and not count that one. It's chucking it down now
6 Jul
7:26am, 6 Jul 2024
11,086 posts
  •  
minardi
Who turned the hose on?

Can't believe how many laps have been done already :-o

My first will be 8am when I take a circuitous route to parkrun (it's a mile and a half away)
6 Jul
7:29am, 6 Jul 2024
11,893 posts
  •  
Raemondo
First F'Lap down!
I kinda knew but didn't really think about the fact that there is now a 'trimparcours' (it's a series of installations for doing various body weight exercises like pull ups or tricep dips, monkey bars, etc, usually laid out in a loop so you run between them, I'm not sure if they have a specific name in English?) along part of the route I've chosen, so for future F'Laps I might incorporate a different activity to keep myself entertained.
6 Jul
7:41am, 6 Jul 2024
30,740 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Wow. Lots of F’laps logged already :-) Well done folks.

I’m soaked already and all I’ve done is walk to the shop to buy crisps.
6 Jul
7:45am, 6 Jul 2024
40,390 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy

Lap 2 done in the company of a lovely rainbow. And rain, obviously :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I thought it'd be good to have a thread for discussing F'Laps 2024 (Date 6th July 2024). Follow this thread if interested.

The Rules
1) You must run or walk your chosen distance (a choice of 4.167 miles, 5k, 2 miles or 1 mile) within each hour e.g. 9-9.59am, 10-10.59am, 11-11.59am.
2) Each participant must visit Fetch and hit the "Completed it mate!" link before the hour ends: fetcheveryone.com/flaps-checkin.php
3) If you're finding it too much, you can drop down to a shorter distance, or tap out.
4) The winner is the last person standing in each distance category.
5) You can participate on your own, or get together with other Fetchies.

Want to join in?
Please enter your estimates here, and if you want to form a gathering with others, add a location:

fetcheveryone.com/flaps.php

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.