1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
15 Sep
4:35pm, 15 Sep 2024
15,915 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL, they are both ok, and will concentrate more on the terrain, than looking around at the lovely scenery and chatting 😬

Good that you enjoyed your parkrun in Ireland on Saturday, and congratulations for it being your 121st different venue. A couple of our usual parkrunning group did the Durlston parkrun on Saturday and said that the run director advised that it was the hilliest in the country. It was graded 8.7 in Power of 10.

Hi JackFW, pigs are released into the New Forest every year to eat the acorns. This is because they are poisonous to the ponies. There is a name for this, but I can't remember itπŸ˜•

Thanks for your comments re my two buddies.

Well done for this mornings 32k. You will smash the marathon!

Thanks Steve, I'm afraid that falling during Forest runs is "an occupational hazard!"

The pigs don't roam the forest, they are only there once a year when introduced to eat the acorns. We don't have any wild boars.

Well done for this mornings 4.5 miles with your wife.

Thanks GG, thankfully neither were hurt, just their pride 😁

Yes, it's an annual event, releasing the pigs to eat the acorns. Several years ago, some turned up at our parkrun. I've got a photo somewhere of a few of us round a pig. I must try to find it and post it on here.

This morning I ran a solo 8 miles in the forest, mainly on grass and dried mud. I saw several runners that I knew from the past and the usual comment "still running then"
16 Sep
8:45am, 16 Sep 2024
7,133 posts
  •  
steve45
"Still running then?" ...πŸ˜‚...The usual comment from bystander/locals around here is "are you doing the marathon?"! That's when there's a 10k event or a half going on in the city! Didn't see anyone else running when we were out in the trails this morning when we did 4.14 miles(!!! Didn't bother rounding up because I was tired πŸ˜‚).
Good distance you did in the forest hs, nice pics too.
16 Sep
12:01pm, 16 Sep 2024
15,920 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Steve for this mornings 4.14 miles on trails. I'm glad that you liked the pics. The official name for the release of the pigs πŸ– is Panage.

This morning was another 8 miles in the forest, and this time with Sarah F and Mike. We tried to vary the course as much as possible, as I'm trying to get 1000 circles this month. I've got 708 so far.
16 Sep
1:08pm, 16 Sep 2024
29 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Love the pics - never take a phone with me and the camera on my phone is a bit 'iffy' so haven't been able to join in with this but suburban streets in South Yorkshire might struggle to match the ones in this thread.

Three runs over the weekend - 5.2, park run and 11.0. Anything over 5 is a bit of a struggle at the moment which is a concern with a marathon in 5 weeks time. Feet aching and cramp in my big toe yesterday although cardio side of things in pretty good. Strangely the quicker I run, the less the aches and pains!

YTD: 712.8
17 Sep
8:46am, 17 Sep 2024
53 posts
  •  
JackFW
Donnie, congrats on making par after your injury delayed start to the year.

Well done on the 8 miles, HS, through the forest this morning. Nice pics - thanks for sharing.

Steve, well done also on the 4 miles and change. You seem to be improving with every run.

10km plod to work this morning. Another one planned for Thursday and then a big run on Saturday.
17 Sep
10:33am, 17 Sep 2024
44 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Jack 32km at race pace is a great workout, you will smash your sub 4 target.
Donnie you are getting there clearly the fitness is good and come race day you will be good to go.

6 miles today with 3.5 miles at threshold plus 6 miles yesterday.

YTD 1051 miles.
17 Sep
1:13pm, 17 Sep 2024
15,931 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Glad that you appreciate the pics Donnie I. I only run with my phone when running solo.

Well done for your 3 runs over the weekend. I hope that you will be fully recovered from your aches and pains in time for your marathon.

Thanks JackFW, and I'm glad that you liked the photos.

Well done for your 10k this morning, and good luck with Saturdays big run.

Well done MrHSc for yesterday's and today's 6 mile runs.

This morning was the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk.
17 Sep
2:18pm, 17 Sep 2024
4,041 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done with all your runs over the last few days folks.

Are you able to run in the forest with the pigs around HS?

Sorry I missed your comments about Torey, I hope she manages to get the MRI and op soon. She must be sick fed up of casts.

I am feeling much better now, still snotty but will attempt something later on. So annoying it's gorgeous outside and I have been stuck at my desk all day. Anyway almost time to leave for school pickup.
17 Sep
4:02pm, 17 Sep 2024
15,932 posts
  •  
hillstrider
The pigs haven't arrived yet Lesley, but they don't stop us from running. They can be aggressive through if there is a mother pig with piglets, as they are very protective. It's dogs off their leads that are a problem, they chase ponies and runners! They don't seem to bother the white cows though, especially those with horns.

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling much better now. I think that I may have said that I have an appointment on 5th October for my Covid and flu jabs.
18 Sep
8:29am, 18 Sep 2024
7,136 posts
  •  
steve45
We run on one of the busiest urban roads in the city before we turn off and thankfully onto parklands and river trails. I'm sure your concern about your marathon in five weeks's time will subside Donnie1.
Great continued plodding Jack and thanks for your comment.
Pacey stuff MrHSc as well as good distances.
Of course well walked as usual hs doing the Farmer's Walk so consistently.
Hope that the snotty nuisance clears up soon Lesley. Torey still waiting for the emergency MRI scan, fortunately the weather has been dry and she's been able to accompany me on my walk/runs and get some miles in as well as on the treadmill at the gym. Rain due soon though so outside activity will be curtailed. We did a short outing onto the trails this morning, starting off in the dark and then enjoying seeing bats along the trails as dawn arrived. Two miles.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000