1000 miles in 2024

1 lurker | 60 watchers
Par by the end of today is 800.0
31 Mar
10:17am, 31 Mar 2024
22,092 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That’s fantastic Loo well done on both and hope you have a great race when it comes.

Well done on the 100 Steve. Showing that determination and consistency pays off.

HS I don’t like looped courses my local is a 3 loop but huge well done on an uphill sprint finish. Good luck for Mondays half

Well done on your half Lesley and sorry wee man is going backwards. Hope he’s soon on the mend.

No change here neither, went to friends wedding last night. Apart from a little bit coughing I didn’t feel too bad. Woke this morning with a sore throat probably from too much talking. And the cough is showing no signs of easing. I’ve got a date with housework today which is a shame as the sun is shining and would have been a perfect day for my long run….. gutted.
31 Mar
1:59pm, 31 Mar 2024
14,827 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Congratulations LL for winning a place in the Great Welsh Mountain marathon. It sounds like a toughie, so best of luck.

Thanks GG, for some unknown reason, throughout my many years of running/racing, I have always managed a finishing sprint no matter how smashed I was.

I see that you are also not a fan of looped courses. I don't know why I'm not, as I used to like training on proper running tracks.

Tomorrow's half marathon run, won't be at race pace. It will probably be a struggle for me, as its months since I've run that far.

I'm sorry to hear that you still have that cough and sore throat which show no sign of easing.

Well done Steve for your 100 miles. That beats mine for the month.

A running rest day today as saving myself for tomorrow's long run.
31 Mar
2:35pm, 31 Mar 2024
6,795 posts
  •  
steve45
Well done on your park run on Saturday hs. Wise having a rest day ready for the event tomorrow. You might surprise yourself the way your training has been going. Hope you enjoy it.
Great result LL and a freebie for next year . That's forward planning!!
And great to see you did yet another 13.1 Lesley, your training is going really well. Target race/ event in mind?
You're having a lousy time with that cough and all gg. Is it interfering with your hopes for the ultra in April? You've got a solid base.
No outside stuff today, just weights/ strength/stretching/hip rehab...... for all it does🤣
31 Mar
8:48pm, 31 Mar 2024
22,103 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I thought I was turning a corner on Thursday but seem to be going backwards again. It will impact Jordan as I’ve not got the big runs in but when I think about it I’ve not been 100% since January and maybe I did t allow full recovery then, just buried it and cracked on. But if I get round in one piece it’s still a big adventure and achievement so that’s my revised goal. Friend has picked up an Achilles niggle so that means she’s happy with similar goal. Worse case she can go ahead and I’ll bimble my way.

Well done on another great month all here’s hoping April sees improvement for you Steve with new meds, Lesley’s little man, me and anyone else needing it and that the weather picks up so we ca have sunny blue sky runs instead!

Best of luck for all races/adventures/targets incoming.
1 Apr
11:45am, 1 Apr 2024
6,796 posts
  •  
steve45
Oh bummer gg. Must be frustrating and a bit of a downer with Jordan so close. You've got a good base going back many months so get over this lurgy period and I'm sure you'll get to enjoy the event as an adventure.
Dunno yet about the meds offered, have to have discussions with consultant. Did 5 miles in the sunshine this morning with Torey, run/walk a useful addition to her training too. Won't be long til she's back to normal. Unlike me🤣!
1 Apr
11:59am, 1 Apr 2024
22,108 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You have a new normal Steve and you’re smashing targets in that basis. If you get some med support your normal can change again. Well done on 5 to start the month.

I am comfortable that my base is there, that my mindset is strong and it’s an adventure just frustrated as I hoped to feel strong on this run. But strong needs you to listen to your body I guess. I’ll be reet.

I’m resigned to no running this week and see if the weekend is possible.
1 Apr
1:15pm, 1 Apr 2024
14,831 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, the long run was a bit of a struggle, see below

Well done for this mornings 5 miles with Torey. Good that she will soon be running as usual.

I'm glad that you are keeping positive GG, and accepting that we all have setbacks which we can overcome.

This mornings road run with the Monday Group was intended to be 13.1 miles, the Club's Solent Half Marathon course. I was struggling a bit, with some walk/run so we cut it short and ran 10.96 miles (17.65k[IMAGE255639]]
1 Apr
3:16pm, 1 Apr 2024
4,096 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I opted for 2 wheels today and was shocked to see I’d not been out on my bike since June last year. GG you wouldn’t have got any fitter in these last few weeks and don’t get hung up on targets. Best to be well for your trip.
Well done Steve I’d consider the meds.
Well done HS good distance some days just don’t feel good best to cut short and save it for another day.
1 Apr
3:25pm, 1 Apr 2024
3,753 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Nice prize there LL 😊.

Yes Steve, I am doing a 15 mile trail race at Balmoral on the 28th. It's going to be tough. I have wanted to run it for many years and not been able to. Well done on your miles this morning. Good to see Torey is doing well.

Hope everything goes well GG.

Maybe wise cutting it short HS, a half is a long way when you're not used to it. Good miles though well done.

Wee man is better today, just a little fed up of being stuck at home. It's not even sunny today to sit in the garden.
1 Apr
3:57pm, 1 Apr 2024
14,832 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done LL opting for 2 wheels today. It must have felt a bit strange if you hadn't ridden it for 9 months?

Thanks, it was too big a "jump" from previous highest this year of sub 8 miles to a touch under 11.

Good luck Lesley with your training for the 15 miles trail race in Balmoral. I hope that the race goes well!

Thanks, the others could see that I was finding the run tough, so despite me protesting that I was ok, decided to shorten the run. It was definitely the right decision, as I would have found the last 2 miles very hard.

I'm glad to hear that the wee man is better today, but a shame you weren't able to sit outside in the garden. We were lucky today as it is bright and sunny.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000