Tizer
I like the look of the NB SC Elite
jda
Dec 2021
11:42am, 4 Dec 2021
11,277 posts
  •  
jda
My Gyakusou VF shoes certainly did the business in my interval session yesterday - hugely quicker than I've done that set before. I might be fairly fit but not that fit! Feeling a bit sore today but I've got next to no road miles in my legs so that's not surprising.

Got a 10k Race next weekend and I think I'll use them again. I've also got a new old-style VF with perhaps one race in them and new in box alphafly dating from pre-covid times...
Dec 2021
10:25pm, 4 Dec 2021
36,094 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
I’ve tried the VF, 4% and AF at short races they all perform well not much between possibly AF edges it.

I prefer the feel overall of the VF but all good.
Dec 2021
10:42pm, 6 Dec 2021
4,553 posts
  •  
clare1976
I bought some AF in the black Friday Nike sale with the member discount and top cashback offer. But have sent them back :-( found the soles too narrow on the midfoot section, really weird fitting in me, yet the original VF 4% I've got and the zoom tempo next % both fit me really well. It was like the inner edge of the sole was cutting into the arch of my foot. Length and toe box were fine. Nevermind, you win some, you lose some... plenty of life yet in both the above 2 pairs I've already got.
Dec 2021
8:35am, 7 Dec 2021
75,273 posts
  •  
Gobi
Wow , I thought AF were rather generous.

I do have skinny feet mind you
Dec 2021
12:21pm, 7 Dec 2021
570 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Can see how that would happen clare, they do look narrow around that area and the insole sits up a bit with very little in the upper to stop the foot squeezing over the edge

I had a slight issue when I raced in AF, possibly as I set the laces pretty tight last minute and found I was getting nerve pain mid race (same pattern/area as Morton's neuroma) which I have had before from similar mistake in other shoes.

Still made it round, but had to adjust my footstrike to mid/heel to mitigate the pain - won't do that again.
Dec 2021
12:25pm, 7 Dec 2021
571 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Comparing Next% and AF, the insoles look near identical but AF upper has no support on the inside around that spot, while Next% has a small lip where the outsole comes round to meet the upper which would probably stop the foot spilling over the edge depending on how you land.
Dec 2021
7:00pm, 7 Dec 2021
1,927 posts
  •  
Brunski
Clare, maybe try going half a size down if you try them again (assuming you have the room at the toes to do so)? I saw a YouTube review of someone who had issues in the arch area and it was because his foot was just sitting in slightly the wrong position.

I gave my AFs their first run out in anger at the Percy Pud 10k, 35:06 (PB) and 1st in 45-49 age category so all in all very impressed. Looking forward to racing longer in them as suspect they'll be perfect for HM or marathon.
Dec 2021
7:27pm, 7 Dec 2021
5,301 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
My AFs arrived about a week ago but it promptly snowed and then I forgot about them. Sound like they need a test run, thanks Clare. They are quite the most ugly things I’ve ever seen. Hopefully the run sensation will win me over.

Farewell to some old friends tonight. Nearly 800 miles and pretty much spent I’d say. Loved the 4% FlyKnit 😧.

Dec 2021
7:32pm, 7 Dec 2021
5,302 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
And on further investigation it seems the C plate is also pretty done for!

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org