The vaporfly thread

88 watchers
jda
Dec 2021
7:42pm, 7 Dec 2021
11,325 posts
  •  
jda
Nothing a bit of shoe goo and duck tape won't fix :-)

Honestly I thought I wore my shoes out pretty well. That's next level stuff.
Dec 2021
7:48pm, 7 Dec 2021
55,321 posts
  •  
Velocirappingpaper
Looking at the soles of those 4%s, I reckon my ZFFs (currently on 922 miles) have a lot of life left in them yet.
Dec 2021
8:10pm, 7 Dec 2021
4,264 posts
  •  
Kieren
Maybe you can get them resoled WW:

- I was looking to resole some trail shoes with vibram (vibram and cobblers do it in the UK. I think it is popular in Europe when the lugs wear down but the upper & midsole is still good). The pictures are from instagram.com
SPR
Dec 2021
8:46pm, 7 Dec 2021
35,872 posts
  •  
SPR
Those shoes are absolutely battered, lol.
Dec 2021
9:58pm, 7 Dec 2021
5,303 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
They were still a nice ride, surprised what was under the ‘hood’!

Not for these particular shoes of course, but do you know somewhere that does that kind of resole job Kieren?
Dec 2021
7:33am, 8 Dec 2021
66 posts
  •  
Mr. Grumpy
Cheshire Shoe Repairs do them, and use Vibram soles. I’ve used them loads of times. Great job and service.
My own shoes wear really bad on the outside front edge due to the way my feet strike. This is after 180k:

I had just the front part done, and then got 820k out of them before I sent them off again. Admittedly, I could have worn them for longer the first time around, but due to the way they wear, I wouldn’t have then been able to get them resoled.
Dec 2021
7:40am, 8 Dec 2021
67 posts
  •  
Mr. Grumpy
I haven’t got any photo’s of them resoled, as those are just what I sent to them initially to see whether they’d be able to do them due to the nature of the original sole.
I’m expecting two pairs back from them though, so I’ll post a picture when I get them.
Dec 2021
8:11am, 8 Dec 2021
1,473 posts
  •  
Tizer
My shoes wear on exactly the same spot. I can be through to the carbon plate on the Vaporfly within 200 miles.
Dec 2021
8:12am, 8 Dec 2021
1,474 posts
  •  
Tizer
...just bought my first pair of the Alphafly. Cant run just now due to Gilmores Groin (week 7 of no running so far) but wonder how far I'll cover before I burst the air bubble
Dec 2021
8:32am, 8 Dec 2021
68 posts
  •  
Mr. Grumpy
I’ve just had a look at the Alphafly, and I reckon that they could be resoled on the front, which would prolong the life.
As with any running shoe though, the response of the foam will degrade as the miles clock up, more so on the Alphafly from what I’ve read. They’d still be ok as a training shoe as opposed to a race day shoe though I suppose.

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org