The vaporfly thread

88 watchers
SPR
28 Sep
9:49pm, 28 Sep 2024
46,265 posts
  •  
SPR
Surprised by the lack of stock of Asics, presumably you're looking for the latest Paris ones?

I imagine the older edge will still be better than the Magic Speed.

150 seems low to be writing them off as race shoes?
rhb
29 Sep
9:05am, 29 Sep 2024
2,394 posts
  •  
rhb
SPR wrote:Surprised by the lack of stock of Asics, presumably you're looking for the latest Paris ones?

As in I should be able to find them surprise, or Asics fell short on numbers surprise? I can find them not in my size.

SPR wrote:I imagine the older edge will still be better than the Magic Speed.

I guess so.

SPR wrote:150 seems low to be writing them off as race shoes?

The sole is looking a bit worn and in reviews i read online they apparently lose their 'pop' around that distance? Might be planted obsolescence to encourage more sales though? I'm relatively light on my shoes so it may be ok but these are much less substantial than gt2000 etc.

The old Magic Speed I have used have close to 500 on them for reference.

If I finish this training block in the MS4 then race in the old MSE & if they fall apart mid race I can confirm the lifespan of them, then begrudging do another block of prep using the MS4 and save up for new top end super shoes to race in.

Massively overthinking this I'm sure. 😅
SPR
29 Sep
9:19am, 29 Sep 2024
46,267 posts
  •  
SPR
Surprised that stock is low. Maybe there's been an increase in sales that surprised them though.
30 Sep
12:55pm, 30 Sep 2024
4,336 posts
  •  
Oranj
Slightly OT, but I went for a run in my Nike Zoom Fly 5 again today. They weren't to everyone's taste - I think most people found them too stiff - but I quite like them. I've had mine for 2 years and I'm surprised to see that Nike are still selling them, still in version 5. With the fashion for manufacturers to upgrade designs every year, that surprised me. I might get another pair ;-)
30 Sep
3:45pm, 30 Sep 2024
37,321 posts
  •  
Hills of Death (HOD)
Do you wanna buy a pair of patched up zoom 3s 🤣
30 Sep
10:15pm, 30 Sep 2024
9 posts
  •  
BeeDeeVV
Not sure on the rules but a certain retailer with the initials S D and who used to give away massive mugs has some VF3s for £119. They are on pre order for mid/late October.

They also have AF2 with similar discount.
1 Oct
10:36am, 1 Oct 2024
6,482 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
do you have a link? There are A LOT of Sports Direct-lookalike scams out there atm......
rhb
1 Oct
10:39am, 1 Oct 2024
2,405 posts
  •  
rhb
Looks the proper site? I might be overlooking something though?

sportsdirect.com
SPR
1 Oct
10:40am, 1 Oct 2024
46,317 posts
  •  
SPR
I'm sure I read somewhere that some of these orders were being cancelled. Would be surprised if Nike were sending them shoes they could discount by so much.
1 Oct
10:47am, 1 Oct 2024
2,403 posts
  •  
auburnette
Think the vf3 is not a very well loved shoe? At this price I could be tempted to take a punt.

I think the Saucony Endorphin Elite is going to be my next half marathon/marathon racer after my vf2s die. Have a Vitality code so can get them half price.

About This Thread

Maintained by Windsor Wool
somewhere to talk about fast shoes whether you like / believe in them or not

The world has changed a lot since this thread began. Choose your weapon here:

certcheck.worldathletics.org