Scottish Runners 2016

2 lurkers | 64 watchers
Nov 2016
4:47pm, 8 Nov 2016
26,058 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Never done Stoney Lesley. Mrs s might be able to comment. I did PB at Glen Clova, but it was in 2012 when I was PBing everything and I went another 2 mins quicker about 3 months later at Alloa (which is very flat and PBable).

It's not an obvious PB course, is what I'd say. Good luck though.

You know Gus, in 9 years, I don't think it's ever been stovies - it's always been a really yummy soup, or choice of soups, but never the promised stovies. Or have I misrememberised? :-) G
Nov 2016
4:51pm, 8 Nov 2016
18 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Easier than Stoney imho, hardest road half marathons I've done are Path of Condie and the Barrathon.
Nov 2016
5:44pm, 8 Nov 2016
935 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Thanks, will just see how it goes.
Nov 2016
6:00pm, 8 Nov 2016
7,661 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Hi Lesley, I haven't actually done Clova! I was there while pregnant watching shanksi run it and he says Stoney is easier because you get all the uphill out of the way then lots of nice downhill whereas Clova is very undulating. The last year they did postal entries I applied but that was the year about 30 entries from Stoney got lost in the post. Then I got in to ultras.
Nov 2016
8:51pm, 8 Nov 2016
937 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Thanks Mrs S, will just see how it goes.
Nov 2016
9:12pm, 9 Nov 2016
19 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Good turnout for the race tonight in Aberfoyle, hard and hilly, a bit muddy too.

Need a new torch though, honourable mention to Forth Inn for the soup, a fiver race fee well spent.
Nov 2016
2:23pm, 11 Nov 2016
424 posts
  •  
Ulric
Just picked up my number for the Jimmy Irvine, forecast is looking quite good surprisingly. Mild dry and calm, surely not possible? :-)
Nov 2016
5:19pm, 12 Nov 2016
21 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Forgot how hilly the first half of Glen Clova was, good race though, scenic.

Have toiled a bit since my marathon debut in October tbh.

Last half until the Run with the Wind in the Spring, yipeeeeee!!!!!
Nov 2016
7:56pm, 12 Nov 2016
941 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I enjoyed Glen Clova today, no PB but I was seconds away from it. The first half was definitely hilly, but it was the little ups in the last mile that killed me.
Nov 2016
11:42am, 13 Nov 2016
153 posts
  •  
Whiskymurray
I was putting off entry for the Stirling marathon until after new year but I just got an email stating that they have less than 1000 places left. Unsurprisingly I haven't been able to find any info on the actual race limit?

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to blether about all things to do with Scottish running and races.

There are 26 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Ayr, Camperdown, Drumchapel, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Elgin, Ellon, Falkirk, Ganavan Sands, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Linwood, Livingston, Perth, Pollock, Portobello, Springburn, St Andrews, Stonehaven, Strathclyde, Tollcross and Victoria.

parkrun.org.uk