Scottish Runners 2016

64 watchers
Nov 2016
8:23pm, 20 Nov 2016
26,111 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Damo, Triplet Dad (for he was the administrator) used to list all the local marathons, halfs, 10Ks, trail races etc. coming up for next few months. But it must have been an admin nightmare. Gradually, just the fixed ones (like parkruns) and finally now just the parkruns, remain!

We need to have a word with him. Someone send him an fmail! Or I'll see him at work tomorrow! :-) G
Nov 2016
8:31pm, 20 Nov 2016
2,007 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
:-)G, I think I inadvertently "took over" admin this year - back in early Jan I just started a new 2016 thread, not realising there was an established admin.

Have added in the new parkruns that have started up, but will be more than happy for Triplet Dad to start the new one in 2017 :-)
SM6
Nov 2016
9:10pm, 20 Nov 2016
720 posts
  •  
SM6
First XC ever for me at Alloa. Didn't enjoy it at all! I think I was focusing so much energy on trying to stay on my feet I ended up not going forward very quickly... Saying that, I will do Broxburn and Falkirk too.
Nov 2016
9:49pm, 20 Nov 2016
157 posts
  •  
Sjjh
I use Ruchill park now and again on my lunchtime runs, the path through the middle and the one from the Bisland Drive entrance up to the school are really tough but not in the parkrun route.

Looking forward to this starting as another local option and the added bonuse of the paths being really good for getting the buggy round.

Also gives me a chance to improve on my 2nd place standing on the Ruchill mini segment. But also downside is it will attract a lot of faster folk haha.
Nov 2016
9:54pm, 20 Nov 2016
26,112 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Ah, cool Gus. Sorry, forgot you had started this thread. If you could just update the thread description to say "For all running and racing in Scotland... and parkruns...!" Like Damo says, just looks like it's a parkrun thread at mo. We missed you yesterday at XC, btw. Why don't you still run for us as second claim in XC? There're no Loch Tay runners do XC anyway, are there? :-) G
Nov 2016
9:56pm, 20 Nov 2016
26,113 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sorry you didn't enjoy XC SM6. I love it, but I'm rubbish at it. Completely agree, some folk seem to fly up hills and through mud, but I prefer smooth, steady terrain (tarmac or trail, but not shin deep mud!) Great training either way though! Good Falkirk Vics turnout yesterday though. :-) G
Nov 2016
10:01pm, 20 Nov 2016
2,008 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
I just copied the thread description from last year, but yeah will amend it slightly.

Lochtayside are not affiliated to SA, they're just a hill running club, so Harmeny are my first claim club - I'm injured at the moment otherwise I would have been running for Harmeny yesterday at Alloa :-)
Nov 2016
10:05pm, 20 Nov 2016
2,009 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
At least I thought I had just copied the thread description, but apologies, maybe I didn't, there is a heading at the start of the 2015 one for Scottish races. Agree that it would be a lot of work to keep it up to date, well done Triplet Dad for doing so in the past !!
Nov 2016
10:08pm, 20 Nov 2016
11,587 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
He worked really hard at it initially. He even used to list each Parkrun every week until it was suggested that they could be a permanent header item on account of not changing much. I expect he was relieved when someone else got involved.

Great job! :-)
Nov 2016
10:19pm, 20 Nov 2016
26,114 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Oh, good, Gus, will be great to have you at races again for us. I knew you've been injured but hope you are getting back to full fitness soon. In time for Broxburn in Jan at the latest please! ;-)

Yeah, great idea of TD's to keep a log of Scottish racing but really too hard to keep up to date. Just a place to chat, is good enough! :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to blether about all things to do with Scottish running and races.

There are 26 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Ayr, Camperdown, Drumchapel, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Elgin, Ellon, Falkirk, Ganavan Sands, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Linwood, Livingston, Perth, Pollock, Portobello, Springburn, St Andrews, Stonehaven, Strathclyde, Tollcross and Victoria.

parkrun.org.uk