Scottish Runners 2016

2 lurkers | 64 watchers
Dec 2016
3:51pm, 2 Dec 2016
28 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Strathclyde Parkrun tomorrow, for some reason I'm trying this Marcothon malarkey.
Dec 2016
10:24am, 3 Dec 2016
460 posts
  •  
Ulric
Thanks for the blog, the Uk course measuring people have safety advice for measurers here:

coursemeasurement.org.uk

which attempt to deal with some of the issues you refer to.

oh and its Pollok not Pollock tut tut!! ;-)
Dec 2016
4:32pm, 3 Dec 2016
9,760 posts
  •  
_andy
Thanks for the link JRitchie. An interesting read.

So often the case with these things - look at the obvious answer first and it's probably right. Beyond reasonable doubt and all that. But it is a shame.
Dec 2016
1:06am, 4 Dec 2016
2,468 posts
  •  
HappyTimes
Think I mentioned it at the time, when the stats suggest it then usually it is so. So many PB`s and SB is a fairly clear indicator.
zp
Dec 2016
5:46pm, 9 Dec 2016
84 posts
  •  
zp
Is there a parkrun near Milngavie? I find myself with time to kill tomorrow :)
Dec 2016
6:12pm, 9 Dec 2016
154 posts
  •  
Whiskymurray
You could probably get a train from Milngavie to Bearsden station for Drumchapel parkrun if you want a challenging run, or to Partick station for Victoria Park if you want fast!
zp
Dec 2016
6:15pm, 9 Dec 2016
85 posts
  •  
zp
Haha, I don't do fast!

Many thanks, I'll check out Drumchapel :)
Dec 2016
6:41pm, 9 Dec 2016
155 posts
  •  
Whiskymurray
Did I say fast? I meant flat! Last week Viccy had 220 runners and Drumchapel only 22!
Springburn is close to Milngavie as well if you are driving, but no direct buses or trains AFAIK.
Dec 2016
6:58pm, 9 Dec 2016
12,722 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Drumchapel is the nearest - and it's a proper beast! Mind you, looking at the only race in your portfolio, it should be right up your street :-).

Driving or public transport? The Glasgow five are all train accessible, with a bit of a warm up jog. 1.7km from Bearsden station to Drumchapel start. I took Stickman for a wee look aboot and someone has been through the woods, taking in the parkrun course and more, taking 360 degree views. Quite interesting and something I've not seen before.

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/routes-view.php?id=1770670
zp
Dec 2016
7:12pm, 9 Dec 2016
86 posts
  •  
zp
Yeah, I actually like hills :) Did a loop up over the Kilpatrick hills this afternoon, so expect Drumchapel tomorrow may be very much Legs Say No, but we'll see.

I'm on public transport at the mo, so Bearsden station and a warm up jog looks the way to go :)

I should say hello while I'm here, I suppose! I'm not Scottish (ok, maybe not a great start there :p) but do have a new job starting in Glasgow in the New Year, living out in Milngavie. Going to try and get my running going again, hence scoping out the parkruns :) Hopefully get some Scottish races under my belt next year too.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Somewhere to blether about all things to do with Scottish running and races.

There are 26 regular parkruns in Scotland which are held every Saturday at 9:30am.

Current locations are Aberdeen, Ayr, Camperdown, Drumchapel, Dunfermline, Edinburgh, Eglinton, Elgin, Ellon, Falkirk, Ganavan Sands, Greenock, Hazelhead, Inverness, Kirkcaldy, Linwood, Livingston, Perth, Pollock, Portobello, Springburn, St Andrews, Stonehaven, Strathclyde, Tollcross and Victoria.

parkrun.org.uk