Politics

19 lurkers | 213 watchers
9:36am
9:36am, 15 Oct 2024
33,272 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
One of my ex work colleagues was so Conservative I suspect he still holds a torch for Liz Truss as "misunderstood, and a political giant".

He once referred to my mentally disabled son as "a drain on the state". That's what we are talking about with these people (see also Trump calling Kamala Harris "retarded").
10:03am
10:03am, 15 Oct 2024
22,259 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Meanwhile in Philadelphia, Trump did an open hall for questions, took 5 questions before ending the town hall prematurely saying people would rather listen to music, and then stood swaying for 30 minutes to music, while the crowd left, until he was ushered off stage!

x.com

Crikey Biden was crucified for far less. And people will still vote for Trump after this!!
10:10am
10:10am, 15 Oct 2024
22,260 posts
  •  
Chrisull
More of this:

x.com

It's beyond belief.
10:16am
10:16am, 15 Oct 2024
6,709 posts
  •  
paulcook
To be fair Trump's right. I'd far listen to the, any, music.
10:40am
10:40am, 15 Oct 2024
29,669 posts
  •  
richmac
Trump lead disco

Sub standard dad dancing
10:46am
10:46am, 15 Oct 2024
33,273 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I saw the track list, it was about 10 songs with some bangin' tracks.

Beats listening to him empty the contents of his brainpan over an audience.
10:49am
10:49am, 15 Oct 2024
31,157 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
10 lawsuits from 10 artists who won't want to be associated with him.
11:10am
11:10am, 15 Oct 2024
33,274 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Whatever *that* was, I'm sure the Tiktokkers will have fun with it and it will damage him.

I also liked the way dog-killer Kirsti Noem stood up there next to him with the look of someone who had no idea what was going to happen next; too scared of the mad old turd to remind him what he was actually there for.
12:40pm
12:40pm, 15 Oct 2024
25,822 posts
  •  
larkim
Johnny Blaze wrote:One of my ex work colleagues was so Conservative I suspect he still holds a torch for Liz Truss as "misunderstood, and a political giant". He once referred to my mentally disabled son as "a drain on the state". That's what we are talking about with these people (see also Trump calling Kamala Harris "retarded").

I've actually got a degree of respect for people who are so honest about their callousness. They are then at least consistent in the way they hate everyone.

As a parent to a disabled young man and someone who has worked in the charity sector in a charity supporting extraordinarily disabled young and old people, it's amazing to see what support the country gives to people who, from a Tory perspective, cannot give anything back in return. Many people would be shocked at the cost of this provision when compared to the funding for people without any disabilities.

I used to characterise it that if the average (maybe below average) "Sun" reader knew that their local authority was spending £250,000 per year on a single pupil in a residential special school, yet their own child had poor quality basic learning materials in their classroom, they might well have a different view as to whether their local authority is spending it's money in the right places.

Looking after people with higher needs is so important and so fundamental to what I want our country to deliver for people. But there's no doubting it is expensive.
12:43pm
12:43pm, 15 Oct 2024
33,275 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I don't want to think of a world where Sun readers call the shots.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
J2R 296 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
JamieKai 270 D R
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.