Politics

25 lurkers | 212 watchers
2:00pm
2:00pm, 11 Oct 2024
6,037 posts
  •  
Cheeky’s Dad
It was shenanigans I was thinking of, to be honest, but I suppose a genuine legal challenge a la Bush/Gore is not inconceivable, even if it doesn’t seem Trump’s style
2:01pm
2:01pm, 11 Oct 2024
23,226 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Johnny Blaze wrote:It's how elections work though...

*Bangs ahead against wall*

We are talking about *predicting* a result...

Once the election happens obviously the range of possibilities collapses.

Because there has been a measurement and we are no longer predicting.
2:02pm
2:02pm, 11 Oct 2024
6,680 posts
  •  
paulcook
It does come back to my post yesterday, all Starmer needs to do come 2029 is explain clearly how important ECHR is and you ought to beat Jenrick hands down. But then again, most people have already funeralled the Tory party for their final pair so it's similar rationale I suppose.
2:03pm
2:03pm, 11 Oct 2024
23,227 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Cheeky’s Dad wrote:It was shenanigans I was thinking of, to be honest, but I suppose a genuine legal challenge a la Bush/Gore is not inconceivable, even if it doesn’t seem Trump’s style

If it's v tight in some states, it will take time to count the votes and then there will be inevitable recounts and then legal challenges from both sides.

And Georgia has just passed some stupid laws...
jda
2:04pm
2:04pm, 11 Oct 2024
17,915 posts
  •  
jda
The ECHR thing is purely a brexity immigration wedge thing. We’d have “control of our borders” if it wasn’t for these pesky woke Europeans. The same gammony crowd will lap it up, we just have to hope they are a dying breed.
jda
2:07pm
2:07pm, 11 Oct 2024
17,916 posts
  •  
jda
Got to LOL at the vain hope that Starmer will actual stand up firmly for the ECHR. He’s not stood up for much other than suit fittings recently.
2:15pm
2:15pm, 11 Oct 2024
6,681 posts
  •  
paulcook
jda wrote:Got to LOL at the vain hope that Starmer will actual stand up firmly for the ECHR. He’s not stood up for much other than suit fittings recently.

😂
J2R
2:20pm
2:20pm, 11 Oct 2024
5,651 posts
  •  
J2R
jda wrote:Got to LOL at the vain hope that Starmer will actual stand up firmly for the ECHR. He’s not stood up for much other than suit fittings recently.

Very good, jda, very good! Your own?
2:25pm
2:25pm, 11 Oct 2024
22,253 posts
  •  
Chrisull
US election POLL

One) the number of electoral college votes Democrats will get, note 270 is the winning line, 269 is a tie, which is possible.

Two) which party will win the Senate (either Democrat or Republican)

Three) which party will the the House (either Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D

(So this example would be Democrats to win the electoral college, they win the Senate and they win the house).

My prediction:

276 R D

(So I'm predicting a narrow Harris win, with the Republicans winning the Senate and Dems with the House).

I'm basically using second two as tie breakers. So don't go exactly the same as someone else, even if you believe that won't be the result please?

Ok predictions are open!!!!!
2:26pm
2:26pm, 11 Oct 2024
23,228 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Chrisull wrote:US election POLL One) the number of electoral college votes Democrats will get, note 270 is the winning line, 269 is a tie, which is possible. Two) which party will win the Senate (either Democrat or Republican) Three) which party will the the House (either Democrat or Republican) Do the prediction like this: 312 D D (So this example would be Democrats to win the electoral college, they win the Senate and they win the house). My prediction: 276 R D (So I'm predicting a narrow Harris win, with the Republicans winning the Senate and Dems with the House). I'm basically using second two as tie breakers. So don't go exactly the same as someone else, even if you believe that won't be the result please? Ok predictions are open!!!!!

S'not a poll!

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.