Politics

19 lurkers | 212 watchers
1:12pm
1:12pm, 11 Oct 2024
23,222 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
I may be wrong that a range of outcomes are possible based on current polling?

Well, yes the day after the election, the range of polling outcomes will collapse to one.
1:27pm
1:27pm, 11 Oct 2024
33,256 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
I can see you are still wedded to your "possible range of outcomes" shtick... that's not my intent but to each his own.
jda
1:27pm
1:27pm, 11 Oct 2024
17,913 posts
  •  
jda
Harris is still going to win though.
1:32pm
1:32pm, 11 Oct 2024
33,257 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Thank you.

Succinct.
1:36pm
1:36pm, 11 Oct 2024
25,785 posts
  •  
larkim
I see Jenrick last night was saying all Tories will have to back leaving the ECHR under his leadership. Not painting himself into a corner at all then? Or am I misguidedly imagining that there are still rational Tories remaining in the party?

If that had been a Labour whipped policy on something like unilateral nuclear disarmament, that would have prompted a complete split in the parliamentary party, and a decent chunk of members too, even back in the 1980s. Does he really think he could mandate Ken Clarke, John Major, et al to back that?
1:36pm
1:36pm, 11 Oct 2024
25,786 posts
  •  
larkim
(and yes, I realise they aren't MPs!)
1:37pm
1:37pm, 11 Oct 2024
23,223 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
The fact we believe the world is based upon a series of narratives (because we as a species have evolved a tribes formed upon narrative social structure) rather than the reality that it's a probabilistic universe is at the heart of a number of issues.
1:44pm
1:44pm, 11 Oct 2024
33,258 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Let's put a binary choice: Trump or Harris. Indeterminate outcomes not allowed. Which, Fozzy?
1:45pm
1:45pm, 11 Oct 2024
6,678 posts
  •  
paulcook
At least he’s setting his stall out in an open manner larkim. Best say it now than give people buyer’s remorse.

What I don’t get is how leaving the ECHR has become such a key policy, how it probably comes so far down on people’s important issues and why on earth they think it will benefit almost any voters/normal people.
1:49pm
1:49pm, 11 Oct 2024
25,787 posts
  •  
larkim
Agreed paul; if that's his top pledge that his campaign lives or dies by, fair enough. But it dooms his future surely? As mad as the Tories are, they are not, surely, that isolationist. If that becomes a party principle, what next? Leave the UN?

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.