Politics

7 lurkers | 215 watchers
5 Sep
10:56am, 5 Sep 2024
11,579 posts
  •  
Fields
Just to be clear my full time salary for my role is £27351. This is around the median salary in my organisation.

So if you want my pension you also have to have my salary. Still keen?

I obviously don’t mix in the rarified circles of some posters, but let’s be clear - no one doing my job is accruing anything near a two million quid pension pot.
SPR
5 Sep
11:00am, 5 Sep 2024
45,938 posts
  •  
SPR
I'm not apologising for anything. I asked a question a day or two ago and you agreed that they were average pension schemes hence my question today.

Also teachers pension schemes are career average salary scheme so no new teachers are joining the scheme you linked earlier so my point is correct. There may be final salary schemes still active that I don't know of which is why I asked the question the other day.
SPR
5 Sep
11:01am, 5 Sep 2024
45,939 posts
  •  
SPR
Also teachers pension schemes are NOW career average salary schemes.
SPR
5 Sep
11:03am, 5 Sep 2024
45,940 posts
  •  
SPR
Clearly this isn't saying they aren't more generous than private sector pensions but the debate needs to be on how the schemes are now, not how they used to be.
5 Sep
11:04am, 5 Sep 2024
33,040 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
Cheg wrote:I love her pension from a personal view. But I’ve got the intellectual bandwidth to put that aside when discussing bigger picture stuff. She works hard. She doesn’t need the 13 weeks holiday either. I had my time again I’d teach PE. Not interested in reading other points of view? Nice. I’m sure you’ll find an echo chamber somewhere that’s right up your street.

Disturbingly mature second sentence there. No place for that sort of thinking in here!
5 Sep
11:06am, 5 Sep 2024
11,580 posts
  •  
Fields
Most public sector schemes have a protected section for pre 2014 service whereby the pension rights built up under the old scheme rules are … protected. They are currently in CARE arrangement.

No doubt cheg will be along to say this is terrible and woke because some free market shill has told him to think that way.

Maybe go further, why not stop all pensions and just kill people when they’re no longer able to work? It would be more efficient for the market and allow greater profits for FTSE companies, I reckon Dubairunner for one would be all over that sort of thing
5 Sep
11:11am, 5 Sep 2024
25,513 posts
  •  
larkim
The key about all of these is that pension has a certainty to it. The benefit is defined. Yes, it has been eroded by the introduction of CARE and similar arrangements. But the certainty about future income is something most people would bite your hand off for.
5 Sep
11:14am, 5 Sep 2024
11,581 posts
  •  
Fields
larkim wrote:The key about all of these is that pension has a certainty to it. The benefit is defined. Yes, it has been eroded by the introduction of CARE and similar arrangements. But the certainty about future income is something most people would bite your hand off for.

If only there was some way to apply for a public sector job to benefit from this pension.
5 Sep
11:16am, 5 Sep 2024
4,452 posts
  •  
Cheg
Fields wrote:Most public sector schemes have a protected section for pre 2014 service whereby the pension rights built up under the old scheme rules are … protected. They are currently in CARE arrangement. No doubt cheg will be along to say this is terrible and woke because some free market shill has told him to think that way. Maybe go further, why not stop all pensions and just kill people when they’re no longer able to work? It would be more efficient for the market and allow greater profits for FTSE companies, I reckon Dubairunner for one would be all over that sort of thing

Oh amazing. I love when I am losing an arguement and just claim that the other side is advocating killing them all off. This seems to be a theme on here. I send links and really try and think things out. I might as well just make stuff up.
5 Sep
11:17am, 5 Sep 2024
11,582 posts
  •  
Fields
It would probably make a lot more sense if you did

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** Last poll winner

121 - Congrats to kstuart who predicted 121

*** Next poll will be along soon....

HappyG 270
Fenners Reborn 266
Jda 250
GeneHunt 205
Larkim 191
Mushroom 185
Bazoaxe 180
JamieKai 177
Cheg 171
Yakima Canutt 165
Chrisull 155
NDWDave 147
Macca53 138
JB 135
Derby Tup 133
Little Nemo 130
Big G 128
Kstuart 121
LindsD 120
Diogenes 117
Fields 111
B Rubble 110
Mrs Shanksi 103
J2r 101
Richmac 101
rf_fuzzy 100 (+15/-15)
simbil 99
DaveW 95
Paulcook 88
Fetch 85
Bob 72
Weean 69 and 2/3
Pothunter 50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.