Politics

5 lurkers | 212 watchers
31 Jul
10:24am, 31 Jul 2024
6,003 posts
  •  
paulcook
3M wrote:I don't envy the police their role, but I do quite admire their restraint in the face of provocation. And all the while, there are families grieving from the loss of their children, and others anxious and suffering from the injuries they have been given.

Remember, these thugs are attacking the same police who had to deal with the awful situation on Monday.

And these thugs are doing so, literally one street away, right in the eyes of those grieving families. Look at the destruction left behind today.
SPR
31 Jul
10:27am, 31 Jul 2024
45,469 posts
  •  
SPR
I think @richmac said he'd join in at some point rather than had already

He clearly stokes tensions though and comments made previously by him, Farage, Braverman and the like won't help in situations like this even if they don't join in directly now.
31 Jul
10:27am, 31 Jul 2024
50,574 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
SPR wrote:When you say they don't have to be right wing extremists, it seems to me that right wing extremists were the ones spreading this message so they're getting their info from them or people that follow them? If major political parties are spreading the message then that would be a different matter.

Only if you include Google as a right wing extremist. As I say, I was able to search and find that information (lie) in a Google return. If I am dim and do not go and check the source then I just say "it says on the internet that the attacker was..." and then follow up with my outrage. I am guilty of being naive and of repeating information without checking. But the Google search and I am not right wing extremists. Only the original lie creator was?
31 Jul
10:29am, 31 Jul 2024
50,575 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Farage is part of the problem. uk.news.yahoo.com

The Reform UK leader, and MP for Clacton, said: “Was this guy being monitored by the security services? Some reports say he was, others less sure.”

Farage does not say where he saw these reports.

According to The Telegraph, the Russian-state controlled TV channel, Russia Today, claimed the suspect was an asylum seeker who arrived in the UK by boat last year and was on the MI6 watch list.

The TV channel later said this claim had been retracted.

Farage also said, “the police say it is a non-terror incident,” but added: “I just wonder whether the truth is being withheld from us."
31 Jul
10:30am, 31 Jul 2024
28,728 posts
  •  
richmac
SPR wrote:I think @richmac said he'd join in at some point rather than had already He clearly stokes tensions though and comments made previously by him, Farage, Braverman and the like won't help in situations like this even if they don't join in directly now.

I did & I agree that's their insidious nature to stoke things but stop short of incitment

paulcook wrote:I think someone mentioned the likes of 30p Lee as well, though that might have been elsewhere. Anyway, he's managed to post about the running battles between armed kids and police in Southend last night, but decided not to have anything to say about the riots in Southport.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of these morons mistook it for Southport
31 Jul
10:31am, 31 Jul 2024
6,004 posts
  •  
paulcook
That was my reaction when I saw it last night. But I think it was entirely unrelated and a complete coincidence. Tooled up kids from London heading to the resort of Southend yesterday afternoon and ended up with what looked some serious stuff after dark. One video I saw was two lads full on machete fight.
31 Jul
10:32am, 31 Jul 2024
50,576 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Questioning the police and official sources of data is supporting those believing the lies.
31 Jul
10:51am, 31 Jul 2024
28,729 posts
  •  
richmac
It is but you 100% have a right to question offcial sources - it's how you go about it
31 Jul
10:53am, 31 Jul 2024
6,005 posts
  •  
paulcook
Farage has a good place to raise questions about what is going on. Parliament.

Of course, he was absent yesterday. Instead, he aired his questions on TV / social media, where he won't get the answers he wants.
31 Jul
11:03am, 31 Jul 2024
28,730 posts
  •  
richmac
being an MP is just his side hustle

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** Last poll winner

121 - Congrats to kstuart who predicted 121

*** Next poll will be along soon....

HappyG 270
Fenners Reborn 266
Jda 250
GeneHunt 205
Larkim 191
Mushroom 185
Bazoaxe 180
JamieKai 177
Cheg 171
Yakima Canutt 165
Chrisull 155
NDWDave 147
Macca53 138
JB 135
Derby Tup 133
Little Nemo 130
Big G 128
Kstuart 121
LindsD 120
Diogenes 117
Fields 111
B Rubble 110
Mrs Shanksi 103
J2r 101
Richmac 101
rf_fuzzy 100 (+15/-15)
simbil 99
DaveW 95
Paulcook 88
Fetch 85
Bob 72
Weean 69 and 2/3
Pothunter 50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.