Politics

7 lurkers | 213 watchers
Nov 2019
11:00pm, 12 Nov 2019
15,497 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Or a TV debate, where the opposition (in the absence of any other leaders) convinces Remainers, that with a referendum he is the only credible alternative, and unifying the split Remain vote. Apparently Tories are more than a little nervous of this happening.
Nov 2019
7:18am, 13 Nov 2019
35,673 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
dailymail.co.uk

And we have this joker running the country
Nov 2019
8:08am, 13 Nov 2019
3,017 posts
  •  
Bob!
Probably the first time he's ever had to make one.
Nov 2019
8:13am, 13 Nov 2019
33,182 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Again though, read a bit further down and plenty of folk praising it as un scripted, man of the people stuff. As many as those who said cringe worthy and questioning his takeaway preferences, Clash and Rolling Stones credentials and tea making ability.

I just don't get how "man of the people" moniker for him (or Farage) sticks. Unpolished, relatable buffoon etc. I could get. But the one thing he is not is "of the people". He is "of the tiny number of elite, multi-millionaire families born to privilege and with the expectation of the world on a plate. Couldn't be further from "the people".

But he's winning the perception game. He needs to be heard accidentally calling normal people "Proles" or "unwashed" or something to give truth to the lie. Grrr.
Nov 2019
8:22am, 13 Nov 2019
35,205 posts
  •  
Nellers
I heard a story yesterday that Jeremy Vine (I know but bear with me) told of seeing Boris turn up at a dinner speech unprepared, ask what they wanted him to talk about, sit for 5 minutes and scribble some notes literally on a napkin then "wing it" for half an hour and do a decent job to much praise for his spontaneity. Vine was impressed.

Then a few weeks later Vine was at another gog and Johnson turned up and did exactly the same unprepared back of a napkin notes bumbling along act and delivered THE EXACT SAME SPEACH which went down really well when everyone thought it was improvised but looks a bit hollow when you know he's totally rehearsed that ad-lib and done it several times.

His bumbling one-of-us act is just that. An act that he's polished because he knows how to play a crowd. He's incompetent as a minister or a PM but he's a genius at self promotion. He's not stupid but his talents aren't for government.

(Happy(G): I give you piccanninies and tank-top wearing bum-boys and the whole Liverpool debacle as times when the mask has slipped but he's always let off because oh Boris you're so funny.)
Nov 2019
8:35am, 13 Nov 2019
33,186 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I agree Nellers, with all that.

And I know he's had some clangers and gaffes in the past. I'm just hoping a timely one during this campaign will show him for who he truly is and will convince some of those who aren't his natural supporters that he is the odious twunt that he in fact is! :-) G
Nov 2019
8:36am, 13 Nov 2019
18,949 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I don't know. You can call Corbyn a wanker and get away with it if you use an archaic term.

independent.co.uk
Nov 2019
9:09am, 13 Nov 2019
9,471 posts
  •  
larkim
Whilst it doesn't help the left's agenda, good to see the BBC fact checking this myth out of existence

bbc.co.uk
Nov 2019
9:09am, 13 Nov 2019
9,705 posts
  •  
Joopsy
We’re in to Trump territory. Anyone who is voting for Johnson already knows exactly what he is like, there are no surprises to come that will put his core voters off.
Nov 2019
9:11am, 13 Nov 2019
15,498 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Don't forget Johnson contriving to have journalists beaten up:

theguardian.com

And to have Intelligence agents seriouslly worry whether he's been compromised:

opendemocracy.net

But hey he's the patriotic choice.

And stander if you're still here - surely you should be backing the Brexit Party rather than Johnson? At least some of them have the courage to call out Farage/Johnson's stitch up:

twitter.com

and

twitter.com

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.