Politics

12 lurkers | 213 watchers
Nov 2019
1:54pm, 12 Nov 2019
6,889 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
Polls mean a bit, but not much.

Comparing this years inaccurate polls to last times inaccurate polls probably means even less.

Johnson is not May.
Corbyn 2019 is not the Corbyn of 2017. Swinson is not Farron.

Sturgeon is still Sturgeon but maybe getting a bit familiar.

Farage is still Farage.

And Stander is still posting under pseudonyms and it’s a bit tedious. Either leave for good or return as yourself.
Nov 2019
2:05pm, 12 Nov 2019
2,366 posts
  •  
Fellrunning
*Nominated TMW for the Nobel prize for stating the bleeding obvious*
Nov 2019
2:11pm, 12 Nov 2019
6,890 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
I do like this stage of the election campaign where the parties compete on a daily basis to offer the most lavish and proposal on a policy area.

It reminds me of some of the blue sky thinking portrayed and mocked on The Thick Of It!
Nov 2019
2:15pm, 12 Nov 2019
33,170 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
TMW for President. Oh, hang on. Maybe not. I know his politics! ;-)

star It's like Christmas in reverse, it's ace.

*chocolate* "We'll give you any thing you want. Everything your heart desires. Just vote for us. And it's all free."

blackheart Actually more like divorcing parents fighting to buy their damaged children's love. :-) G
Nov 2019
2:16pm, 12 Nov 2019
33,171 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Why did my *chocolate*, not turn to chocolate choc ? Maybe it's choc. Ah, yes it is! :-) G
Nov 2019
2:28pm, 12 Nov 2019
24,595 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
Yes,, I would have said Davidson was an asset, and her leaving will lose votes, and I can see Bojo being more disliked North of the border than May would have been.
Nov 2019
2:35pm, 12 Nov 2019
7 posts
  •  
fetch the drinks please
indiaincgroup.com

marginals...
Nov 2019
2:37pm, 12 Nov 2019
22,891 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
It will be interesting to see how the two of them come out of the head to head debate. I can see why Johnson might be brimming with confidence - all of his usual Etonian arrogance will be exacerbated by the debate format - but he might find all doesn't go to plan after the voters see "long form" Johnsonian blather and bullshit. Corbyn's more reserved nature might come across rather well.
Nov 2019
2:38pm, 12 Nov 2019
18,948 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Foreign interference in UK politics again?

Reminds me of "Back of the queue"-gate.
Nov 2019
2:48pm, 12 Nov 2019
6,891 posts
  •  
Too Much Water
My guess is in the debates Johnson will have 3 or 4 key lines he wants to keep hitting, and a soundbite to highlight each of those lines. He will want to look like he’s savaging Corbyn in competence, leadership etc

Corbyn’s strength is the counter-attack, using some elements of surprise,and in using what the tories can’t compete with eg NHS. He can’t try and outdo Johnson as the big personality, but he can come across well as the everyday man on the street. However he needs to be pitching to be PM.

I can’t help feel as everyone else says that a more convincing leader would be giving Boris a better fight. My guess is the polls don’t really change after the debates, it will only reconfirm and entrench our views of the two.

About This Thread

Maintained by Chrisull
Name-calling will be called out, and Ad hominem will be frowned upon. :-) And whatabout-ery sits somewhere above responding to tone and below contradiction.

*** NEW US election PREDICTOR *** Predict:

1) Number of electoral college votes Democrats get
2) Party to win the Senate (Democrat or Republican)
3) Party to win the House (Democrat or Republican)

Do the prediction like this: 312 D D - you win if you get the first number right and no-one else does.

Johnny Blaze 360 R D
Bob 312 D D
EarlyRiser 306 R D
LindsD 298 R D
Chrisull 276 R D
Larkim 268 R R
TROSaracen 226 R R
PaulCook 0 R R

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.