Over 50's club

1 lurker | 321 watchers
22 Feb
12:15pm, 22 Feb 2024
51,903 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
not that I am going to need it (crosses fingers)
22 Feb
12:16pm, 22 Feb 2024
38,743 posts
  •  
Ness
Hopefully not but it'd be nice to know just in case.
22 Feb
12:18pm, 22 Feb 2024
51,905 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
exactly
22 Feb
12:42pm, 22 Feb 2024
1,772 posts
  •  
Shades
Pix - I think when the NHS send out the results it would be common sense to send the letters to those needing a follow up first. I wouldn't read anything into when you received your letter.

I doubt a company could legally treat employees differently depending on how serious their illness is. That would be discrimination. There might be occasions when decisions about continuing to pay a sick employee may be made at director level. This is often if the sickness is a result of an accident at their work.
22 Feb
12:58pm, 22 Feb 2024
270 posts
  •  
Boffin
Pixie, [hugs] - impossible I know, try not to worry. You know worrying will achieve nothing.
As everyone is saying, odds are in favour of nothing serious 🙂
If it serious, then the sooner a diagnosis and treatment plan, the far better the outcome 🙂
No matter how you look at it, the follow up appointment is only a good thing 🙂

On SSP, depending on your employer, the legal minimum as I understand it is £80.00 per week 😒
MsG
22 Feb
1:04pm, 22 Feb 2024
2,624 posts
  •  
MsG
For cervical screening the result letters are sent out as the results are processed. They're not prioritised according to the result category.

The number of samples received varies a lot, so if more or less are received than forecast, the turnaround time to get a result can be longer or shorter than the sample taker says at the appointment time. So for cervical screening at least, the speed with which you get a result doesn't mean anything.

I've tried to skim through the breast screening professional guidance but can't see anything obvious about triage of result letters at the moment.
22 Feb
2:02pm, 22 Feb 2024
74,135 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
The good thing about tomorrow you will know and be able
22 Feb
2:06pm, 22 Feb 2024
74,136 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Sorry fat fingers . You will or should be able to have all other tests done in a one appointment slot. Or at least here in Scotland we have a a one stop shop. You are told to prepare yourself to be there a while in case they need another scan, biopsy, ultrasound etc and any results given that day.

I do believe departments are covering themselves incase of any backlogs of time by saying longer than maybe necessary.

Good luck and try not to stress - hard as that is.
22 Feb
2:27pm, 22 Feb 2024
1,348 posts
  •  
stilldreaming
EvilPixie I'm not sure which hospital you are going to tomorrow, but if it's Burton then I had a recall mammogram there and they were all lovely. I've also had a gynae recall there and have a skin appointment in a week's time! It's natural to be worried and nothing we say will reduce that for you, but if it helps to know that we'll be thinking of you and sending good vibes your way tomorrow, then we will be! x
22 Feb
2:35pm, 22 Feb 2024
51,908 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Glenfield on Leicester has a "nationally recognised" breast care unit!

Letter says 2-4 hrs so hopefully get answers tomorrow but I think any biopsy would be come back next week for results

Thanks team xx

About This Thread

Maintained by Sweaty Frank
Here are the Over 50s League Tables

fetcheveryone.com/league?year=2021&age=50

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.