EvilPixie
Agree

Bol was blown away and subsequently gutted
8 Aug
8:47pm, 8 Aug 2024
4,372 posts
  •  
Cheg
I don’t get the angst with Bol. She lost to a WR, she tried to go with it. However she paced it she wasn’t winning. So everyone’s quibbling over a bronze rather than silver.

She over races, but she can’t help herself. She has her gold from the mixed and she will go again in the 4x400 women.

Hopefully she sleeps on it and makes peace with her strategy.
8 Aug
8:53pm, 8 Aug 2024
7,731 posts
  •  
KimCanRun
The US are owning the athletics. Hardly seen another country win gold.
8 Aug
8:57pm, 8 Aug 2024
10,611 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
That wasn't how Bol normally runs. Her tactics seemed to be to keep McLaughlin within reach and, as a result, had nothing left at the end. I think it would have been much closer if she had run her own race although she may have only won silver but not gold.
SPR
8 Aug
9:05pm, 8 Aug 2024
45,592 posts
  •  
SPR
She's been going out fast in the heats as well. SML basically catching her straight away may have caused issues. It makes sense for her to be disappointed in bronze TBH as she's clear of the rest but I always expected SML to win as she brings her A game to champs and no one can match that. Maybe Bol will be closer in the future but I don't think she's there yet.
8 Aug
9:10pm, 8 Aug 2024
32 posts
  •  
Cal Jones
US has had a very good games. Wondering what the heck has happened to Jamaica, though.
8 Aug
9:13pm, 8 Aug 2024
4,373 posts
  •  
Cheg
Bolt has retired and all their female sprinters are injured or can’t get into the stadium.
SPR
8 Aug
9:19pm, 8 Aug 2024
45,593 posts
  •  
SPR
Jamaica are doing fairly well on the medal table.

olympics.com

Main event every four is tough when injuries can ruin things in a moment.
.B.
8 Aug
10:11pm, 8 Aug 2024
48,037 posts
  •  
.B.
The US are dominating the athletics though, 27 medals, next nearest has 6. US 9 golds, next nearest Canada with 2. Unsurprising I guess as they have had 3 athletes in a lot of the track finals.
8 Aug
10:16pm, 8 Aug 2024
4,374 posts
  •  
Cheg
America have as many athletics medals as the next 6 countries in the table combined. They also win 9-7 on golds.

About This Thread

Maintained by Curly45
Couldn't find a thread so thought I would start one.

Who else is off to watch or who is watching at home?

We're doing Lille and Paris and a mix of sports. Currently trying to find travel insurance that includes ticket cancellation as some of the trains in the UK might be difficult and we have some internal French trains to do as well.

Also need to work out the new Paris metro ticket/app combo (Navigo I think).