Hugs, LG.
6:25pm
6:25pm, 23 Oct 2024
58,538 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Eaten
Sofa

Have moved some stuff in the front room as in shoved from 1 side to the other! As long as there is bed space I don’t care.
6:30pm
6:30pm, 23 Oct 2024
4,552 posts
  •  
Shades
Pix - I don't think you need to do any strength work this week what will all the cleaning and moving stuff around. Must be exhausting.
6:30pm
6:30pm, 23 Oct 2024
41,732 posts
  •  
halfpint
@geordiegirl how old is he? It will make such a difference to him to have an adult who accepts him for who he is. Can you encourage and support him to share his preferences with his parents? Only when he’s ready of course.
6:38pm
6:38pm, 23 Oct 2024
24,772 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
He's 14 @halfpint he made me so sad in the summer when he was asking if he could try a skort on I said he could but he really needed to speak to his parents (honestly the backlash I'll get if they find out will be horrendous) he said to forget it he only spoke to me he felt as his auntie he could trust me to talk too. I will get him out for a run and speak to him properly.

Daft thing is Flanci have a few men wear skorts as they love them I dont see them as gender specific but they are so worried he is gay that they are doing everything possible to stop him having anything bright and colourful - even when footballers are in pink shoes/tshirts they discourage him.
6:40pm
6:40pm, 23 Oct 2024
24,773 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I want to make sure he knows he has me as a safe haven but I can't have him coming here and dressing in things in secret so we need to find a way forward, he sneakily did it today and I half suspect when we had a family gathering a few weeks ago and he went missing and I heard him padding about that he probably 'borrowed' a skort to try on.
6:56pm
6:56pm, 23 Oct 2024
58,539 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
lol true shades but it makes me feel like I’m doing something rather than just fighting fire
7:12pm
7:12pm, 23 Oct 2024
71,593 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Poor lad, geordiegirl :( As if stopping him wearing clothes he likes is going to change who he's attracted to.
7:44pm
7:44pm, 23 Oct 2024
41,733 posts
  •  
halfpint
That’s so sad GG. A difficult situation for you to weigh up. I know that you won’t want to cause friction within the family but your support could be so important.
7:46pm
7:46pm, 23 Oct 2024
13,073 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
That sounds tricky to navigate GG

Cuthbert is still sedated and on a ventilator in intensive care but he seems stable at the moment.

About This Thread

Maintained by Johnny Blaze
I have replaced the batteries in the TV remote.

The old ones were flat, so it wasn't working.