Mundane thread

4 lurkers | 155 watchers
16 May
3:03pm, 16 May 2024
55,071 posts
  •  
fleecy
I have created an email folder labelled Annoying Emails and I respond and then file these requests there, it enrages me too much to see them in my inbox. I have 120 students on this module and every one of the buggers thinks they need a one to one
um
16 May
3:23pm, 16 May 2024
8,457 posts
  •  
um
Can you start offering a 'premier service' Fleecy. For £100 an hour (or pro rata) or whatever.
Most of which would be 'you could have saved that fee by coming to the free drop in sessions'.

Do you share your marking plan with them?
That's the one thing we used to ask for on my second time around. First time I assumed 'answering the question' would be good enough (but that was maths, so it normally was easy to know if you'd got things right)
16 May
3:56pm, 16 May 2024
54,280 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
More tea
16 May
3:58pm, 16 May 2024
7,257 posts
  •  
Winniefree
Just poured a cup of tea and Mr W has rung ready to be collected from his fishing jaunt. At least there’s no trout for tea. (Tiny kitchen, wasn’t looking forward to all the gore and cooking smells!)
16 May
4:03pm, 16 May 2024
2,534 posts
  •  
Shades
Cleaned out a kitchen cupboard. A tentative start to the spring cleaning.
16 May
4:44pm, 16 May 2024
28,555 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
Have to do admin at the Covid clinic on Saturday.
16 May
4:44pm, 16 May 2024
7,436 posts
  •  
Jaks
Yes Pix, I’m now the owner of 2 x Epi pens and a packet of steroids 😲. Hopefully I will never need to use them.

Have walked the dog or should I say I chatted with the neighbours whilst the dogs played.

Curry cooking, it smells lovely.
16 May
4:46pm, 16 May 2024
22,314 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Happy birthday DT

handover notes for colleague and be logging off for the weekend
16 May
4:53pm, 16 May 2024
12,615 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
um wrote:Can you start offering a 'premier service' Fleecy. For £100 an hour (or pro rata) or whatever. Most of which would be 'you could have saved that fee by coming to the free drop in sessions'. Do you share your marking plan with them? That's the one thing we used to ask for on my second time around. First time I assumed 'answering the question' would be good enough (but that was maths, so it normally was easy to know if you'd got things right)

To be fair £100 per hour is prob just under the correct rate at Fleecy's level, maybe a bit low if you want her to write shit down properly for you. Which is exactly why I don't mark for uni any more. It works out as an absolute pittance so if I needed a side gig it's not worth it.
16 May
4:53pm, 16 May 2024
12,616 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
Have fed the cat and watched her eat to check her mouth is coping ok.

Cup of tea then Beavers next

About This Thread

Maintained by Johnny Blaze
I have replaced the batteries in the TV remote.

The old ones were flat, so it wasn't working.