Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

67 watchers
Sep 2019
9:08am, 21 Sep 2019
4,841 posts
  •  
Corrah
That's brilliant Oranj. :)

My boyfriend is a postie who likes cats, so he really appreciated that one FDNB.
Sep 2019
9:53pm, 21 Sep 2019
4,887 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
😀👍

Came home to Oreo crunching up what looked like a mouse, thankfully outside. I’m glad it’s still good weather and he doesn’t feel the need to bring his kills indoors to eat/ignore.
Sep 2019
6:20pm, 22 Sep 2019
6,117 posts
  •  
sallykate
Not a very happy post - looking for anyone with experience of cats with IBD who don't respond to the first-line drug treatment of steroids. Pablo was responding to drugs (mirtazipine + famotidine + Cerenia) which controlled his symptoms (vomiting) and got him eating again - but adding steroids (prednisolone) into the mix to try to address the IBD has had no positive effect and in fact he's back to his old anorectic ways: lost 260g in the last two weeks (and he's already too thin).

Back to the vet on Thursday (when the senior practice vet will be seeing him). I know that we may just be at the end of his life; 15 years isn't a bad innings, but anyone else's experiences would be great to hear.

We also have an offer of a three year old Burmese who needs a new home but that's not an option while Pabs is still around.
Oct 2019
10:01am, 4 Oct 2019
41,416 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Thought Fetchie cat-lovers might like this article:
bbc.co.uk

It's about cats falling from height and injuring themselves from the high-rise flats of Singapore. That might sound a bit grim but look how some of the owners are putting cat-runs in their flats: they look great!
Oct 2019
10:31am, 4 Oct 2019
4,548 posts
  •  
Sweetie
I'm not a regular contributor on this thread but just had to share my shock and horror - my cat brought in a live bat this morning! It was like being in a Scooby Doo cartoon!

*feeling slightly flustered*

Love that article McG - I adore my cats but I don't think I'll be spending $16,000 on them!!
Oct 2019
11:25pm, 4 Oct 2019
9,680 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Did you manage to rescue the bat? Most exotic thing my cats brought in was a slow worm!

I saw that McG, Hester would definitely love the up high perches :-)
Nov 2019
1:20pm, 1 Nov 2019
7,702 posts
  •  
g1ngerrevolution
I'll just leave this here:
bbc.com
Nov 2019
2:33pm, 1 Nov 2019
9,785 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Very interesting! My cat is towards the anti-social end of the scale but as she's a rescue cat we don't know if she had a tough start.
Nov 2019
2:48pm, 1 Nov 2019
7,706 posts
  •  
g1ngerrevolution
Our cats are also rescue. To describe them as 'aloof' would be an understatement.
Nov 2019
2:58pm, 1 Nov 2019
4,235 posts
  •  
1step2far
Lennox was a rescue but i'm sure she was loved. She's a bit antisocail, but will come for a cuddle. Sometimes.

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...