Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

1 lurker | 67 watchers
Nov 2019
1:53pm, 2 Nov 2019
5,029 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
We got the trauma of the annual vet visit for jabs done this morning. Oreo is a total drama queen. He was howling all the way there, you’d think we were pulling his claws out, the noise he was making.

There were disapproving looks from other people at the vet’s, as if it’s our fault he’s making such an awful fuss. Oreo was literally shaking whilst being examined by the vet and left wet patches on the table from his sweaty paws. More banshee howling on the way home.

Now he’s curled up on the sofa as if nothing ever happened🙄
Nov 2019
6:08pm, 2 Nov 2019
14,993 posts
  •  
hellen
That sounds very traumatic

We had a vet visit as well because Daisey hadn’t had a poo since Monday.
Poor thing had to have an enema. It was horrible for her and I felt so bad when she cried. She has had a sleep this afternoon and is still feeling a bit sorry for herself.
Nov 2019
6:58pm, 3 Nov 2019
184 posts
  •  
MDrewett
Aww poor Daisey, hope she's feeling better today
Nov 2019
7:59pm, 3 Nov 2019
44,196 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Vet trips are always traumatic here. Possibly even more than me than for Bonnie.
Getting her into the carrier is a total nightmare though the actual vet experience is generally fine.

I hope Daisey is feeling better today, hellen
Nov 2019
8:02pm, 3 Nov 2019
4,236 posts
  •  
1step2far
Lennox vomits everywhere every time she goes in her carrier. We get to the vet and they give me paper toweks as she is covered in it by the time we arrive. (Its a 7 min drive :-( )
Nov 2019
10:39am, 5 Nov 2019
14,994 posts
  •  
hellen
She didn’t manage to poo so we were back again this morning for another enema and told to increase the dose of lactolose. She had a poo straight after but if nothing else we need to go back Thursday for X-rays and bloods.

Really hate seeing her suffer, she was wrapped in a told to be held still for the enema. It’s horrible when she struggles and cries.
Nov 2019
10:52am, 5 Nov 2019
6,167 posts
  •  
sallykate
Poor Daisey: I hope they can figure out what's causing it.

Pablo scarpers when he sees the carrier now but it's not too much of a struggle to get him in. Seems to have turned a corner with his IBD: from a low of 3.41kg he was 4.23 last week and eating his way through at least 70g of dry food each day, plus freshly cooked white fish because I'm soft. We're lucky that he's docile enough to be pilled every day: it takes two of us but he doesn't struggle or scratch.
Nov 2019
9:12pm, 6 Nov 2019
14,995 posts
  •  
hellen
My cats love white fish as a treat! They go crazy when they smell it then can’t wait for it to cool down,
Nov 2019
9:14pm, 6 Nov 2019
14,996 posts
  •  
hellen
Sallykate, not sure if this is of use, there is also a Facebook group but I wasn’t able to link it rawfeedingforibdcats.org
Nov 2019
9:44am, 8 Nov 2019
6,176 posts
  •  
sallykate
Thank you hellen, that's interesting! Though I think we'd struggle to get him interested in anything beyond his usual food now. He's a fussy thing.

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...