Miaow, Purr, Yawn!

2 lurkers | 67 watchers
Nov 2019
3:24pm, 1 Nov 2019
872 posts
  •  
Love Lettuce
My cat doesn't do cuddles. But several times a day she sits about a foot away from me, offers herself for strokes and purrs extravagantly. She also wakes me up if I sleep past 7.30. I like to tell myself she's making sure I'm not dead.

Incidentally, the article is spot on about keeping food and water separate. My cat refuses to drink out of the water bowl next to her food bowl, but used to sit in the bath and meow until I put some water in the shower tray for her to drink. Her main water bowl is now next to the shower. She still has a second water bowl next to her food, which she never touches.
Nov 2019
4:44pm, 1 Nov 2019
993 posts
  •  
RunnyBunny
I didn't realise about water. I'll move the water bowl and see if it's no longer ignored (they usually drink out of running taps).

Interesting experience last night: Jemima behaving like she was high on catnip, and it turns out it's probably the valerian in my bedtime herbal tea. It was just the smell of it that seemed to set her off.
Nov 2019
4:48pm, 1 Nov 2019
876 posts
  •  
Love Lettuce
My cat goes crazy for valerian in tea - I've lost countless cups of herbal tea because she's drunk out of them.
Nov 2019
5:22pm, 1 Nov 2019
44,192 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Bonnie is a rescue and loves cuddles (though doesn’t much like being picked up)
She has three water bowls in different parts of the flat and none near her water after I read about it somewhere.
Nov 2019
5:23pm, 1 Nov 2019
44,193 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
If anything she is too clingy.
She is always on me or near me when I’m home and sleeps as close to me as she can when I’m in bed.
Nov 2019
6:36pm, 1 Nov 2019
5,026 posts
  •  
Fragile Do Not Bend
Oreo wasn’t particularly friendly when we got him but I think that was because he was in an environment he didn’t understand, with people he didn’t understand. Gradually we’ve got to know and understand him (as much as we can) and vice versa, so he’s quite lovely now. It was a matter of understanding how much affection he wants and how much was too much.
Nov 2019
6:40pm, 1 Nov 2019
9,787 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Although Hester isn't a lap cat and only tolerates cuddles she does follow you round the house and sits a few feet away when you're settled. She's like a supervisor ;-)
Nov 2019
7:08pm, 1 Nov 2019
21,518 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
Mason is part dog. He likes to round us up into the living room in the evening do he can snuggle on the sofa. If one of us stays in the kitchen to wash up, he gets shouty!
CK2
Nov 2019
7:12pm, 1 Nov 2019
288 posts
  •  
CK2
One of my two goes mad for Sleepyhead tea bags. I guess they must have valerian in too. She sucks the bags until they fall apart!

She is also a clingy cat. I’ve been tempted to get a baby carrier for her as typing while holding all 5kg of her is hard work!
Nov 2019
7:34pm, 1 Nov 2019
1,679 posts
  •  
idle_wilder
Lizzie our cat Henky does that! Henky is also a rescue cat, and likes to lie like a baby in one arm in the evenings. He can, however, also act like a right psychopath and just wail and launch himself at us with teeth and claws for no reason!

About This Thread

Maintained by
A thread for those owned by cats, as we cannot possibly go onto the Bark and whine thread, its for d...