Knitting, crocheting and general craftery

1 lurker | 169 watchers
Gus
Aug 2020
1:21pm, 30 Aug 2020
1,708 posts
  •  
Gus
I’ve got a latch hook and base I intend to use with the left over bits of T-shirt from my memory quilt. Winter project (not sure what winter though)
Aug 2020
1:44pm, 30 Aug 2020
4,199 posts
  •  
Cyclops
Thank you for the advice. Sally Pointer has been very informative!
Aug 2020
3:30pm, 30 Aug 2020
38,215 posts
  •  
Purps
I may* have bought more fabric than I know what to do with. Well I will know what to do with it when it arrives.

I have a bolt(8 or 10m) of ponte roma to make school trousers and skirts, a bolt of some sweatshirt to make jumpers and joggers, a bolt of jersey, a bolt of rainbow jersey which I ordered in May I think, I also have recently added to my collection in the form of 10 m of different fabric. I have 2 pairs of dungarees that need finishing.

Good job the children are back at school this week, I need to used some of this stuff and sew some more.

I want my own fabric shop!

*there is no may about it
Gus
Aug 2020
3:32pm, 30 Aug 2020
1,709 posts
  •  
Gus
my plan this week is to have a practice run at sewing stretchy material before actually cutting into the lovely but slightly pricey jersey I bought last week
Aug 2020
4:35pm, 30 Aug 2020
3,235 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I’m envious of those of you with sewing machines and skills! Sounds as though you’re going to be busy for the foreseeable though Purps.
Aug 2020
7:31pm, 30 Aug 2020
1,809 posts
  •  
runnyeyes
Purps! Buying by the boult now 😀
I love it that your kids go to school in handmade uniform.
Aug 2020
10:09pm, 30 Aug 2020
38,217 posts
  •  
Purps
Yeah, when I told grid about my sudden splurge he wasn't jumping for joy!
Aug 2020
10:19pm, 30 Aug 2020
2,497 posts
  •  
Drell
LMH, I'm late to the party here but I'd second the suggestion of tablet weaving. Its very soothing, can be intellectually stimulating if you try to design your own patterns, and produces some really nice products. I've made various belts and straps, but also some small bags.
Aug 2020
6:21am, 31 Aug 2020
3,237 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I'm off to Google tablet weaving - I feel I could get drawn into spending money I don't have and accumulating a new stash of craft stuff if I'm not careful (gave most of my card making, cross stitching etc stuff away).
Aug 2020
10:12am, 31 Aug 2020
6,840 posts
  •  
Helegant
Wow Purps. Where did you buy from? Please keep us posted on progress.

Back to latch hook rug making - it was something that Mum and I had a go at in the 1970s - we bought a kit and a spare hook and started at opposite ends. Can you see the flaw in that yet?

Dad then decided he could do that too, and bought a kit, then decided he couldn't be bothered to follow the pattern and made a 'random' rug that was still in the house five years ago. It was easy to do and quite rewardng.

About This Thread

Maintained by Helegant
***NEWSFLASH***

Possible tour of the Strictly costume workshops?

Details here: dsi-london.com

The regular "Behind the Seams" tour starts with champagne, lasts about 2 hours and includes lots of crystals and swishy dresses.

DSI London headquarters

The Courtyard

131 Aurelia Road

Croydon

CR0 3BF

If anyone wants to organise a group booking then hand up now please. Groups are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday at 11am or 2pm.

Otherwise we could make individual bookings at £29 each (2pm Saturday or Tuesday)

A thread for those of us who like making 'stuff'.

Recommended yarn/craft shops: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=456

Lists of books/patterns http://www.fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=460

Fabric shops - bricks or on-line. fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=556

Article about sewing machines: fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=557