FetchPoint: The Game

2 lurkers | 281 watchers
17 May
11:38am, 17 May 2024
396 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Squashing your bugs is the straightforward way to score 204 points a day, and avoid a -4 point hit.
In addition: plant and water flowers. You can cover more distance with a bike than on foot, clearly.
17 May
11:53am, 17 May 2024
17,245 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
yep, already doing that. I have a flower garden going on just outside my circle. There was a race though it last night so I need to go and plant some more today!

I know some people have made it to 25K without a bike but I'm doing 70-80K per week on a bike mainly commuting to running and am only just above 10K.
17 May
12:13pm, 17 May 2024
397 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Super!
Have a look at the leaders and see where they score highly. People's circumstances vary: so the same approaches might not work for you, but this approach could give you ideas.
Flowers: varying your routes allows you to plant more flowers. You can only guarantee watering a flower once a week, so alternating your routes increases the number of your flowers without markedly affecting the points from watering per flower.
17 May
12:48pm, 17 May 2024
14,701 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
If you're near a big race try and grab a traffic light on the route.
17 May
1:40pm, 17 May 2024
17,246 posts
  •  
chunkywizard
LN, yep I thought about that, I got maybe 400 point yesterday because of the race (and that wasn't even that many runners). parkruns would be good to target also.
17 May
1:44pm, 17 May 2024
398 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Possibly also promoting FetchEveryone and Fetchpoint in the local area, meaning more participation and more parkrunners going through the traffic lights on parkrun courses.
Wear your Fetch gear with pride!
17 May
1:49pm, 17 May 2024
68,967 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
My most useful strategy for getting the Fetchpoint badges was an accomplice with a bicycle, and the mainstay of scoring was using the traffic lights.
17 May
2:02pm, 17 May 2024
901 posts
  •  
Funky Chicken
My highest score of 10998 was set some time ago, and I've been within a couple of 100 of that in recent times, but I've already worked out that to get the 15000 points badge I would need to head a bit further afield and harvest some other players' high scoring flowers along the routes they commute into London.
17 May
5:44pm, 17 May 2024
14 posts
  •  
Sabientje
Wauw Just recieved badge "burning the candle"

I moved a bit my circle so the 2 flowers i had outside are now standing in the circle, can i still give em water or will they die? Because they moved in? 🤔
17 May
5:48pm, 17 May 2024
68,970 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
You can water flowers in your circle :)

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.