•  
RRR-CAZ 🇬🇧
Army barracks downgraded from the RAF ❌🤬
11 Apr
2:03pm, 11 Apr 2024
49,093 posts
  •  
DocM
when you pass a point marked as unreachable it becomes reachable again. Living in the countryside, I have areas that become unreachable in some cirmcumstances ( such as farmer has ploughed over a footpath but then becomes reinstated within the two weeks he is allowed, I mark as unreachable during that time as I think that is fair enough).
11 Apr
10:35pm, 11 Apr 2024
31,694 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I don't think the reachable again thing actually works

I make things unreachable on tracks where the farmers are working or which have become stupidly over-nettled, but and have to correct them again later
11 Apr
11:09pm, 11 Apr 2024
382 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Just reachable under special circumstances.
12 Apr
7:35am, 12 Apr 2024
63,075 posts
  •  
alpenrose
When you go through the unreachable point, it switches the point back on so it then makes it reachable the next time you go through it.
12 Apr
10:58am, 12 Apr 2024
4,355 posts
  •  
Bob!
I'm with Rosehip on this. I have not seen evidence of running through an unreachable actually turning it back on.
12 Apr
12:11pm, 12 Apr 2024
68,531 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I agree. We inaccessible and reaccessible points quite a lot (flooded footpaths, places whose accessibility depends on the day of the week) and have never found that running through an inaccessible point automatically made it accessible again.
R4R
12 Apr
12:55pm, 12 Apr 2024
3,483 posts
  •  
R4R
I think the only time I have seen a point becoming accessible again was when someone laid some flowers on an area I had marked as inaccessible - it was on MOD land, so they presumably had access. It looked like the route of a 5k exercise.

Apart from the flowers themselves, none of the other points between them had become accessible.
When the flowers expire 4 weeks later, the points where accessible again
R4R
12 Apr
12:57pm, 12 Apr 2024
3,484 posts
  •  
R4R
I did wonder whether only the person who marked a point as inaccessible could reactivate it, but Velociraptor 's post seems to rule that out
12 Apr
1:32pm, 12 Apr 2024
383 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Perhaps it is the other way around: your activity won't unblock a point you marked as accessible. If you marked it as inaccessible, then presumably you know that it is inaccessible for most of the time, although there might be times when it is accessible. For example: lowest tide, drought, the village fair, the squire's annual cricket match on the manor house's lawns. You might be a bit put out, if you find you'd wiped all the inaccessible markers on the lawns, after a long match. Or, you might not.

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.