FetchPoint: The Game

1 lurker | 281 watchers
23 Feb
7:07pm, 23 Feb 2024
3,128 posts
  •  
Flatlander
Out of curiosity, I checked a widespread area of Cambridgeshire, and there are quite a few anonymous players.
I wonder if it is a new thing that Fetch has introduced, not naming bug owners to protect their privacy, i.e. the area where they are located? If that is the case, then presumably the owners of traffic lights and flowers will also no longer be named, for the same reason?
23 Feb
7:08pm, 23 Feb 2024
6,576 posts
  •  
IdristheDragon
There’s an anonymous person near me who’s only appeared recently as well.
23 Feb
10:04pm, 23 Feb 2024
62,570 posts
  •  
alpenrose
Anonymous "players" have been around for a long time. Not sure if it's something to do with people leaving.
R4R
24 Feb
9:21am, 24 Feb 2024
3,476 posts
  •  
R4R
I've one anonymous 'player' within a couple of miles - not sure if he actively plays, or even logs any training. His name used to appear but wasn't sure if there was some way he turned it off.
I wondered if his name might reappear if he became more active
24 Feb
10:09am, 24 Feb 2024
3,129 posts
  •  
Flatlander
This morning, I went through the village several miles away which has a new anonymous player - and planted flowers in their circle! That's not supposed to happen; I obviously don't know the finer points of this game :-p . If the player has left the game (hence me planting flowers) why are new bugs still appearing?
24 Feb
10:29am, 24 Feb 2024
377 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
I think the longer a player has been inactive, the smaller their circle becomes.
25 Feb
7:24am, 25 Feb 2024
6,277 posts
  •  
jelly
I don’t know if it’s linked to the bugs appearing in my area, although not anonymous the player isn’t recording any activities on fetch and moves away from my town over 4 years ago!
25 Feb
9:13am, 25 Feb 2024
6,280 posts
  •  
jelly
It’s been 2 weeks since it started as he has 14 bugs!
28 Feb
8:44am, 28 Feb 2024
14,409 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Arggh! I'm in week 10 of a winning streak and there's something wrong with my big toe :-( I think it's either an out of control chilblain or a blister under the toenail. Such bad timing, I was really hoping to get my badge.
28 Feb
8:53am, 28 Feb 2024
14,410 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
Oh no, I'm on the wrong thread! What an idiot 🙄 :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.