FetchPoint: The Game

1 lurker | 281 watchers
Oct 2023
2:37pm, 9 Oct 2023
364 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Bother! You did allow room for GPS error, which should have been enough. You could submit a better representation of what you did manually.
Running in and out of the circle in two different places should help to avoid such problems. Clearly, going as near to the middle as possible is a good idea. Hindsight, eh.
Oct 2023
5:23pm, 9 Oct 2023
2,932 posts
  •  
Flatlander
It could be that the map doesn't actually tie up with what's on the ground, as McGoohan and others have found on their treks. I.e. where you thought you were when running, determined by on-the-ground side streets and other features, because the map was off you were actually where your GPS decided you were, or vice versa you were in the right place but your GPS wasn't.
Oct 2023
6:57pm, 9 Oct 2023
112,363 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I frequently miss the circle edge... As in I think i have gone outside but haven't, especially now that going that far is usually quite a push.
Oct 2023
10:52pm, 9 Oct 2023
365 posts
  •  
Bright Strider
Fair enough, . If there are any landmarks that you know are out, they help to gauge where you are.
Oct 2023
8:24am, 10 Oct 2023
112,390 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I have moved the circle to a style in one place but the other areas are not defined. Maybe I should go out with my phone, turn on data in the hope I have signal, so I can see "on the ground" where the circle is.
Oct 2023
8:45am, 10 Oct 2023
8,272 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
I’m guaranteed to go outside my circle, as my house is not in it :-)
Oct 2023
9:06am, 10 Oct 2023
2,933 posts
  •  
Flatlander
you could use the Fetch Route Planner to measure how far the edge of your circle is from an obvious landmark on the map which is also visible on the ground, then when you go out use your Garmin or other GPS device to walk that distance from the landmark. Bear in mind that the Fetch distance might be slightly different from the walked/GPS distance, so add a bit more to make sure you go out of your circle.
Oct 2023
10:46am, 10 Oct 2023
112,401 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I don't use a garmin when walking.
Oct 2023
6:04pm, 15 Oct 2023
3,235 posts
  •  
cackleberry
How can I find out who keeps running through my bugs?
I have 3 or 4 now with yellow heads, but no local players.
Grr. I squished some yesterday, but all for nothing!!
Oct 2023
6:15pm, 15 Oct 2023
4,245 posts
  •  
Bob!
Are there any flower trails into or out of your circle?

About This Thread

Maintained by Naomi P
Frequently Asked
===========
1) The scoreboard and markers don't 'reset' on the first of the month any more. They work on a rolling 30 day system.
2) You only need to worry about red bugs.

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.