XB
Excellent. Many happy trips ahead.
XB
29 Jul
6:03pm, 29 Jul 2024
18,173 posts
  •  
XB
We've just got back from Latitude. I wish we had aircon; it was boiling and it seems there's a problem with the fuel pump so the fan was blowing hot fumes. There's now a lot of diesel on our road and a large bill ahead.
29 Jul
6:40pm, 29 Jul 2024
23,518 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Ouch XB hope it’s easily fixed without too much expense.

Anyone know what the situation is with taxing it. I’m picking up tomorrow - 1st would have been preferable but we’re away so am I able to drive it back on the current tax, park it up and then tax on Thursday? Trying to avoid a whole months tax for 1 day.
29 Jul
6:48pm, 29 Jul 2024
19,431 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
We were stung with a whole months tax for 3 days..apparently road tax is not transferable anymore
29 Jul
6:49pm, 29 Jul 2024
19,432 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
XB that doesn't sound good. Hope it's not too expensive
29 Jul
6:56pm, 29 Jul 2024
12,759 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
As soon as the ownership changes, the previous owner will get their tax refunded. The only way you could drive it before the 1st is if you both agree that ownership will change on the 1st. And then you’ll have challenges with insurance… if you have an accident in the next two days and you aren’t the legal owner… blah, blah.
29 Jul
7:16pm, 29 Jul 2024
23,520 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Not worth the hassle I’ll do it when I get there at least they get it reduced so the dvla aren’t clicking.
31 Jul
8:34am, 31 Jul 2024
23,549 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Picked him up last night!! I grinned like a Cheshire Cat on the way home, first time driving anything that big and i absolutely loved it. So many people I know have said they love driving vans I now know why!

Got it safely tucked up on the drive neighbours spotted it so came to have a look. Bit of an issue locking (or once locked from inside opening) the sliding door but we’ll get that looked at and the lights acted up inside got them on just not sure how - so lots to keep us occupied for a while.

I had said I’d keep the car for a few months until I am happy that I either drive OH car when I need to go anywhere but sod it I’ll be taking the van most of the time! So that might get sold sooner than later.

Safe to say I’m a little bit in love.

It used to have an awning which apparently got damaged. It’s still in the van so going to see if we can get it repaired as I genuinely don’t think they had time or thought about it - at least they didn’t throw it away.

I apologise in advance for lots of questions, first one any good recommendations for camping clubs/groups to join? My brother has added me to a couple of FB groups so far - fatally a self build one but great for ideas of what to do!

First decision is where to go… won’t be until next weekend as we’re boating this weekend then I’m away with work mon - wed but that is called planning time.

Seems I’m not to be trusted with research 🤣 but life is for living & exploring.
31 Jul
8:36am, 31 Jul 2024
23,550 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Oops didn’t crop the screenshots.
31 Jul
8:48am, 31 Jul 2024
6,174 posts
  •  
Dillthedog
What a fab looking van! Rose Awnings are great, they do repairs or can sell you a new one roseawnings.co.uk
We are in both the camping and caravan club and camping and motorhome club, and we use both of their sites as well as discounts on things like ferry crossings and RAC membership - but you dont need to join them right away. Apps like search for sites and park4night are great at finding places to go to and stay, both campsites and wild camping places, plus car parks and so on. Main thing is just to get out there and enjoy it, with the smile on your face :-)

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...