•  
GimmeMedals
Ha ha - even a 6'3"er could fit in one of those big ones 😁
20 Feb
8:38am, 20 Feb 2024
2,961 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
I'd like something bigger as I would love more space when away, but nothing like those. The only thing is, the the Transporter suits my current needs. I use it as a second car when required and also use it to go to Mountain Biking car parks.
20 Feb
9:18am, 20 Feb 2024
31,271 posts
  •  
Rosehip
The 6m Ducato is ideal for us, big enough to be comfortable for at least a week we've not had a chance to try longer yet- small enough to squeeze into most car parks and use as a day van*

Show seemed to have a lot of Crafter, Man and Mercedes based vans and they are that bit bigger and a fair bit more expensive.
Some innovative layouts that might trickle down the ranges though and I liked the Robeta vans that were kitted out with lightweight recycled plastic panels rather than wood

*except for the proliferation of height barriers that is :( there are so many now. Some heights so low that I wouldn't have been able to park car plus topbox that we did all our holidaying in when the kids were small. Don't know how long this trend will last, surely seaside and other councils need all the tourism they can get rather than alienate so many?
20 Feb
3:22pm, 20 Feb 2024
27,166 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I get that Rosehip. My Disco is 6’ 6” and doesn’t get parked in more and more places.
20 Feb
3:34pm, 20 Feb 2024
26,633 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
We are seeing more and more car parks erecting barriers at 2m high. We can't access them.
20 Feb
3:45pm, 20 Feb 2024
5,076 posts
  •  
Ally-C
We are seeing more and more car parks erecting barriers at 2m high. We can't access them.

Genuine question, is this to stop the Park up for the night brigade?
20 Feb
4:13pm, 20 Feb 2024
26,634 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
The barriers that have been erected in my home town are put up immediately after a Traveller encampment has been evicted from car parks (leisure centre, local park, a secondary school in one case). I'm not sure why it happens elsewhere, but could well be due to people camping overnight in motorhomes and leaving a mess behind.
It is almost certainly in response to some (perceived) anti-social behaviour
20 Feb
4:55pm, 20 Feb 2024
31,277 posts
  •  
Rosehip
traditional "traveller community" and those of the more recent van-dwelling community who think themselves different and then behave in a similar way
:(
XB
20 Feb
4:57pm, 20 Feb 2024
17,391 posts
  •  
XB
We have parked in loads of car parks in Spain and the majority have not been spoiled by campers. Generally, they stick to the rules - no obvious camping activities like chairs, awnings, and cooking al fresco - and don't make a mess. But what they do do is shop locally and eat and drink in the town.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...