Cricket Thread

2 lurkers | 104 watchers
23 Jul
7:12pm, 23 Jul 2024
10,552 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
Sorry, not a fan of The Hundred. Counties or internationals only, I'm afraid.
23 Jul
7:29pm, 23 Jul 2024
39 posts
  •  
Rob OHara
Me too Phil, I don’t watch as much county cricket as I should but with the hundred being promoted it’s made me think I should support county cricket a bit more so off to the oval on Sunday for the one day cup
23 Jul
7:31pm, 23 Jul 2024
1,148 posts
  •  
Fenners-Reborn
I love the hundred. Absolutely loving it.
23 Jul
7:40pm, 23 Jul 2024
19,778 posts
  •  
NDWDave
Samit Patel on council tv. Happy days
23 Jul
8:31pm, 23 Jul 2024
4,860 posts
  •  
phal
Interesting to see how the Hundred is going to be used to fund county cricket though. Will be interesting to see who ends up investing and how the money is used to develop the counties too next year.
23 Jul
8:57pm, 23 Jul 2024
24,245 posts
  •  
Dave A
rf_fozzy wrote:Thought they were playing us on Thur?

You mean a week on Friday 😉
23 Jul
9:26pm, 23 Jul 2024
39,328 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
I thought I read somewhere, I would have go and check, that The Hundred lost £9 ?
Million last year, and that doesn't include the 20+ Million assigned to be paid to the counties, so it is pretty much in the air financially, hence it being hawked over in the US.

Watched a bit today, no t so close the games, big crowd. Tymal Mills described The Hundred as a big stage and a step up from The Blast. Which it might well be. Livingstone did exactly what he has been doing for Lightning.
23 Jul
9:44pm, 23 Jul 2024
4,861 posts
  •  
phal
That’s why it’ll be interesting to see OS and see if people do invest. It “should” be a good way of getting money and investment for the counties - there seems to be a bit of heel dragging and what not about though, depending on the articles you read.
SPR
23 Jul
11:18pm, 23 Jul 2024
45,398 posts
  •  
SPR
Presumably it needs worldwide interest to be worthwhile to the investors they are trying to get.

I also read somewhere they would like to keep the hundred name even if the switch to T20 which would be odd. Sky and BBC want to keep the same format but I suspect T20 would appeal more to worldwide investors.
24 Jul
9:42am, 24 Jul 2024
39,331 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
I think there is a set amount of contracted money due to the counties, to pay them off for changing s hedules etc. If more money comes in, it it isn't going to any county, it might go to the grounds that host games, see Old Trafford and Lancs/Originals. It's a bit of a black box how it is all finance, the new ECB chairman is going to be a bit more transparent. If it turns to real franchise cricket, I.e. owned, then the owners will make the cash, not the counties. I think, again I would have to go and look, but the IPL owners said get lost because the ECB said we'll give you a percentage of each franchise, the IPL wanted 100%. It's a financial mess basically.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP