Cricket Thread

1 lurker | 104 watchers
25 Jun
11:36am, 25 Jun 2024
19,082 posts
  •  
57.5 Degrees of Pain
Should be fascinating to see whether England are up to the challenge of stopping the Indian juggernaut on Thursday. A delayed start of an hour or so would be nice

The other semi seems well matched with both sides featuring very effective bowlers and fragile batting.
25 Jun
11:43am, 25 Jun 2024
5,416 posts
  •  
paulcook
Am I right in thinking this is Afghanistan's best performance at a world tournament?

They always seem to pull off one or two excellent but fully-deserving results, so it's great to see them in the semi-finals.

I really haven't followed any of this tournament really. It seems matches have been either too early and over by the time I spot them, or start too late. Maybe just me.
25 Jun
12:29pm, 25 Jun 2024
24,352 posts
  •  
Chrisity
@Nicholls595

MiniNico must have picked up the local accent if she is pronouncing Loughborough like that.
25 Jun
12:30pm, 25 Jun 2024
9,007 posts
  •  
Pothunter
I’m a bit nervous that Afg will be too strong for SA. Let’s face it, SA don’t exactly have a solid history with knockout cricket games! Although while they haven’t annihilated anyone yet (even Nepal ran them close) they’ve done enough to get over the line in all their games so far.

Just a pity it’s an overnight game
25 Jun
12:38pm, 25 Jun 2024
22,509 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
Biggest disappointment is that this is likely going to be a flash in the pan tournament for Afghanistan - given the state of the country.
25 Jun
1:09pm, 25 Jun 2024
31,953 posts
  •  
Nicholls595
bbc.co.uk

F*ck off
25 Jun
1:53pm, 25 Jun 2024
39,067 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
The BBC missed out the crucial words, 'and well known cheat'.
25 Jun
1:57pm, 25 Jun 2024
4,827 posts
  •  
phal
I’m hoping it can be used to maybe apply some pressure or look at the situation they have in Afghanistan re women’s rights and the fact the women’s team has been disbanded and players have had to flee the country for fear of retaliation.

Isa Guha has tried to be as vocal as she can about it in interviews I’ve seen with her.
25 Jun
2:47pm, 25 Jun 2024
17,213 posts
  •  
Badger
@phal absolutely.

Apparently Warner has been complaining recently about how people give him a hard time about how he cheated. Gosh, I wonder how that could have been avoided.
25 Jun
5:02pm, 25 Jun 2024
24,194 posts
  •  
Dave A
Badger wrote:@phal absolutely. Apparently Warner has been complaining recently about how people give him a hard time about how he cheated. Gosh, I wonder how that could have been avoided.

Perhaps he should just suck it up and play on it like Broad used. The other Aussies didn’t seem to mind a bit of stick from the crowd.

Warner didn’t like abuse getting thrown back at him, see the Quinton de Kock incident.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP