Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
8:46am, 21 Jul 2021
21,131 posts
  •  
DeeGee
The whole prescription process can be automated now, a local chemist can pick up the prescription, fill it, and then deliver it to your mum's door.

That's the way things are now.

Fewer relatively healthy seniors using the NHS as a social organisation won't be a bad thing, to be honest.

Although, that said, if that's their only human contact, then its a difficult call. Maybe get on first name terms with the local pharmacist instead?
Jul 2021
8:50am, 21 Jul 2021
42,554 posts
  •  
DocM
I've got the London landmarks half in about 3 weeks time ( or is it 2). Not sure I want to go even if it is on, and it's been a race carried over from last year
Jul 2021
8:51am, 21 Jul 2021
6,188 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
I’ve just joined a new GP practice as I’ve moved. Was surprised they were happy to reissue my repeat prescription without even a phone discussion about what I was on.
Jul 2021
8:53am, 21 Jul 2021
42,555 posts
  •  
DocM
(LLHM in 11 days)
Jul 2021
8:53am, 21 Jul 2021
39,260 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Just ordered my first lateral flow test pack from NHS to be delivered to home. The one PCR we took back in April in order to travel on a ferry was negative. Missus has sore throat and feeling achy, glands up a bit. Even though these are not the main symptoms, given the range different symptoms that people seem to have reported, I've recommended that we should test ourselves.

Both double jagged and more than 6 weeks since the second one, so should have maximum immunity. However, maximum still isn't 100%, as we all know.

Hoping nothing comes of it. *worried face* :-) G
Jul 2021
8:58am, 21 Jul 2021
26,661 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
DG she has Pharmacy2You but there are issues which just makes her even more bitter!

I am very glad outlaw is this weekend and not later in the year
Jul 2021
8:59am, 21 Jul 2021
26,662 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Happy the Zoe app says that covid for those double jabbed symptom wise is more like a bad cold which means many will probably ignore symptoms thinking it's a cold
Jul 2021
9:42am, 21 Jul 2021
20,464 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
DG - exactly on showing uo early. There will be a mob who show up 10-15 minutes before KO and then be unhappy when they have to wait and miss the KO and of course the Q will not be socially distanced. I will get there sharp and avoid that.

Interestingly you need to also order your pie and bovril in advance and collect on the way in.
Jul 2021
9:46am, 21 Jul 2021
10,864 posts
  •  
Girlie
Tbh, our GP surgery was reluctant to see people before Covid hit. Now they see it as an excuse not to resume normal services and to be more obstructive.

No wonder more people are going to A&E as it's then only way to be seen.
Jul 2021
9:56am, 21 Jul 2021
26,673 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
given my parents were frequent flyers I am not sure how mum can complain! But she has made a thing of ONLY seeing them for her flu jab, covid jab and blood tests this last year and has only spoken to a GP once on the phone! And she was appalled that when she contacted them about her horrendous hip pain she wasn't called by a GP by the fizz

but she really is living in the old days - she can't understand why people get stressed at work

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.