Coronavirus discussion thread

2 lurkers | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
8:27am, 21 Jul 2021
8,631 posts
  •  
KatieB
My son had a dose in November, and then in June, so 6 months was enough time for him to lose antibody protection. It is pretty depressing.
Jul 2021
8:29am, 21 Jul 2021
26,655 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
oh dear that's not good
Jul 2021
8:29am, 21 Jul 2021
26,656 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
i hope the vaccine continues to remain strong and doesn't fade with time too or we will be on annual jabs
Jul 2021
8:32am, 21 Jul 2021
53,514 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
Another of my colleagues had to leave work yesterday because she was unwell, and she did a LFT which was positive. If COVID is confirmed, it's highly likely that she was infected at work, and she and I spent quite a lot of time last week working together and saw a lot of the same patients, some of them in the COVID area (which is no longer separate from the main clinic).

I'm on daily LFTs for the foreseeable, did a supermarket shop last night with an eye to the possibility of having to quarantine, and will be avoiding prolonged or indoor contact with other people.
Jul 2021
8:37am, 21 Jul 2021
20,462 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
Ive decided I am not going to change much about the way I go about my life for the time being.

I have managed to get a ticket for football tomorrow. Hibs qualified for Europe and we are allowed 4700 people in a 20000 stadium and I figure that should be OK. There are staggered entry times but I have seen comments from people refusing to show up early. I will get there, get in while quiet and just chill.

Big test will be August when I have a staycation in York. However lets hope the weather continues and we can go with outdoor activities and we either eat in our accommodation or at places with outdoor seating.
Jul 2021
8:40am, 21 Jul 2021
21,130 posts
  •  
DeeGee
"refusing to show up early"?

Hopefully they won't be getting in at all, then.

There are many, many entertainments outside of the football where timed tickets to control capacity/queuing are a thing, and were so long before Covid was even a drawing of an idea in a lab in Wuhan.

(joking about the Wuhan lab thing, obvs)
Jul 2021
8:43am, 21 Jul 2021
26,658 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
oh v-rap I hope all stays negative

my mum can't ever get hold of her surgery and has actually said (I can't believe she has said this but she has) "I have no idea what they are doing down there as they don't see anyone"

She was supposed to get some stronger painkillers "They won't let me collect them from them, I've been a patient for 40 years. It's disgusting." she still hasn't got them or the prescription and when I ask why she hasn't contacted them "well if they can't be bothered, you'd think they would call me"

She's got very bitter these last few months
can't believe peoples actions or reactions
and is a hermit

not good
Jul 2021
8:43am, 21 Jul 2021
48,570 posts
  •  
LindsD
On my usual pre-pandemic train. Very quiet but only about 50% mask wearing, despite it still being mandatory in London
Jul 2021
8:44am, 21 Jul 2021
48,571 posts
  •  
LindsD
My Mum is the same but it's not to do with Covid EP
Jul 2021
8:44am, 21 Jul 2021
26,659 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
one paper is saying that they are giving us 3 weeks - if numbers rocket restrictions are back

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.