Conquercise

218 watchers
Dec 2022
11:22pm, 4 Dec 2022
22,088 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
I've increased my count of contiguous zones by 79 this weekend, and now have a solid run from Surrey to Minehead and the first couple of miles of that part of the SWCP.
JCB
Dec 2022
11:58am, 5 Dec 2022
3,703 posts
  •  
JCB
Well done! Impressive addition and plan.
Dec 2022
6:06pm, 14 Dec 2022
305 posts
  •  
philip_m_jones
I am trying to maintain my grid (which is size 6, so is a 13x13 square, 169 squares). I often run outside that grid so have squares that I have a bigger lawn (215 at the moment) but I am happy to let that lawn grow and shrink over time.

The map allows me to see squares that are close to expiry but I can't easily tell if they are squares in my grid (get out and revisit them ASAP) or just general squares elsewhere (picked up on a holiday etc). I wondered if the numbering of the squares followed a grid and then I could easily filter but they don't follow any logical pattern.

Any ideas, comments?
Dec 2022
8:45am, 23 Dec 2022
19,316 posts
  •  
Gooner
Why can't I see where to set my home square? I feel dense this morning.
Dec 2022
9:10am, 23 Dec 2022
5,664 posts
  •  
Windsor Wool
go in to the square that you would like to be your home and then look for the option to 'set as home'. It's just below the name of the square.
Dec 2022
9:10am, 23 Dec 2022
18,126 posts
  •  
Cerrertonia
On the map, click on the square you want to set as your home. That brings up the page for that square. The yellow text above the map square has options like 'rename' and so on. One of those lets you set the square as home.
JCB
Dec 2022
11:51am, 23 Dec 2022
3,775 posts
  •  
JCB
philip_m_jones wrote:
I am trying to maintain my grid (which is size 6, so is a 13x13 square, 169 squares). I often run outside that grid so have squares that I have a bigger lawn (215 at the moment) but I am happy to let that lawn grow and shrink over time. The map allows me to see squares that are close to expiry but I can't easily tell if they are squares in my grid (get out and revisit them ASAP) or just general squares elsewhere (picked up on a holiday etc). I wondered if the numbering of the squares followed a grid and then I could easily filter but they don't follow any logical pattern. Any ideas, comments?

I think the conquercise zones do follow a logical pattern (latitude and longitude I think). There would be a way to programmatically (or maybe even in a spreadsheet) go through all the ‘close to expiry’ ones and see if they are in your grid (or even how far from your home zone).
Dec 2022
11:19am, 24 Dec 2022
306 posts
  •  
philip_m_jones
JCB I hoped they would follow a pattern but this is a series of squares going west to east. Starts OK and looks sensible but then the pattern goes.

fetcheveryone.com/game-conq-zone.php?id=75351
fetcheveryone.com/game-conq-zone.php?id=75352
fetcheveryone.com/game-conq-zone.php?id=75353
fetcheveryone.com/game-conq-zone.php?id=973871
fetcheveryone.com/game-conq-zone.php?id=977894
fetcheveryone.com/game-conq-zone.php?id=970610
um
Dec 2022
11:52am, 24 Dec 2022
6,821 posts
  •  
um
I suspect the squares are numbered in the order they were first accessed - whether by activity or by a map view? So (for example) the middle of the Atlantic is largely unnumbered unless you actually look at a zone, when it gets the next number.

It means that some zones are sequential, as a runner/cyclist accesses & load them, but others are 'random'.

And large sectors of the world are unnumbered.

* I could be wrong - just reporting what I see and extrapolating a bit. *
Dec 2022
11:56am, 24 Dec 2022
28,565 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Yes, um is right - zones are only created when they are needed.

About This Thread

Maintained by SPKoF
Come for a play:

fetcheveryone.com/game-conq.php

Here's a little explainer video. Just 90 seconds long. Please share it if you can.

https://youtu.be/Srig7-pl6pQ

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.