Cats in Boxes

12 lurkers | 97 watchers
CK2
28 Jan
4:08pm, 28 Jan 2024
2,598 posts
  •  
CK2
It does look a particularly comfy phone case Ally.
28 Jan
4:22pm, 28 Jan 2024
4,906 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Logic and cats. He’s not a lap cat & hates being picked up. Came from a farm iirc.

A neighbour moved away & left him with us. About a month later he had a vet bill of £600 😂
28 Jan
4:41pm, 28 Jan 2024
3,517 posts
  •  
Welshpoppy
He looks a sweetheart. It is ony money🙂
28 Jan
4:50pm, 28 Jan 2024
4,907 posts
  •  
Ally-C
He looks a sweetheart. It is ony money🙂

We weren’t ever not paying it, just typical though. He’s a good wee guy really.

He kinda moved in before we got him, got home from being on holiday on a snowy night & he was lying in Karma’s bed 😂 Came in through our cat flap.
28 Jan
5:35pm, 28 Jan 2024
2,081 posts
  •  
Vixx
I've called the emergency line and they were like: "We can see him tonight if you want to bring him down", and I asked "Is it an actual emergency? I know you can't tell totally until you see him but he gets extremely distressed at the cat box/car travel and I don't want to do that unless I absolutely have to."

He polished off a whole pouch of cat food and licked the bowl clean whilst I was on the phone, and has had a drink of water. He just seems his normal grumpy self, letting me fuss him, had some ham off me too. He doesn't seem to be distressed or uncomfortable.

I hate feeling like a bad cat parent :(
28 Jan
5:40pm, 28 Jan 2024
51,232 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
It’s hard vixx
I felt awful for leaving ozzy so long …. A kind fetchie messaged me saying go now

I’m glad they did
That was bladder though
28 Jan
5:41pm, 28 Jan 2024
51,233 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Can you keep him in the house to see if he’s going?
28 Jan
5:52pm, 28 Jan 2024
2,082 posts
  •  
Vixx
I am, and when he went out just I watched him as he doesn't leave the garden anyway and he just had a good drink.
He's peeing fine, and eating fine, but because I hadn't really thought about the pooing thing until the neughbour mentioned yesterday, I am not entirely certain if he has gone in the last two or three days. I know he definitely went on Wed as I left it in the litter tray in case the vet wanted a sample or anything.
He's hurled up furballs in the last 2 days too.

If i have to take him I will, but there are two clinics that I can take him to and both are about 30 mins away (in different directions). Our vet is less than 5 minutes, and it's the distress he'll get into just going into the box that worries me too.
28 Jan
6:38pm, 28 Jan 2024
17,400 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
It's so hard to know whether it is urgent or not. I don't even know with my children and they are 15 and 18 and can tell me in 3 languages!
jda
28 Jan
6:59pm, 28 Jan 2024
16,338 posts
  •  
jda
If he’s eating ok I wouldn’t worry too much. He’s probably just shitting in someone else’s garden!

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!