Cats in Boxes

10 lurkers | 97 watchers
28 Jan
7:08pm, 28 Jan 2024
4,116 posts
  •  
ndellar
I did worry about one of ours in this department when we first got them and started letting them out, until I popped my round next door and spotted her šŸˆā€ā¬› šŸš½ (she also came back with moss on her front paws from digging)
28 Jan
7:26pm, 28 Jan 2024
2,083 posts
  •  
Vixx
Thanks everyone. He doesn't go out of our garden now, but he does tend to spray the edges to let the other cats know he's still here.

He's lying next to me on the sofa with his hot water bottle (for his joints).
28 Jan
7:29pm, 28 Jan 2024
118,934 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I'd keep a close eye on his pooing for now.
29 Jan
1:46pm, 29 Jan 2024
2,531 posts
  •  
Homeless Kodo
Thanks for the pill pocket recommendation jda worked like a charm first time out. Fingers crossed it continues after Ally-Cā€™s experience.
29 Jan
1:47pm, 29 Jan 2024
118,995 posts
  •  
Hanneke
šŸ¤ž
29 Jan
5:23pm, 29 Jan 2024
2,084 posts
  •  
Vixx
Gizmo heer. Pleese eckscuse thee tyeping az my nailz get cort in keebord (and me iz Cat so eye spel az it sound sumtymes).

Dady Vixx took mee on ay Very Expensive Trip. Dat's wot hee corled it aneewaye. Hee putt mee in bocks, whych wennt inn anuvva bocks on weelz. I normallee syng along loudlee but eye did not feel lyk it tooday so me just syng half voluum innsted.

Hee tol me wee waz hafin ann addvennture, but me kno me been heer befur (i make a joke dere - hee hee). Me reckognyse laydy at deks so it not addvennture - butt wee did go in dyfrent room too beefore and me was fellt upp bye dyfferentt laydy to Monica - iz dat cheatin?

Shee putt mee on metul fing and mee knowe dat iz to fur-judge mee! I is 90% furr! (She say I not 90% furr). She den lysten too mye chesst.

She say too dady - did yu kno he has hart murrmurr? Dady luk at mee and say "So dat whye yu tork so loud - yu iz tryin too tork to your murrmurr?"

We bowff sed no - wee did nott kno of no murrmurr.

Me stopd lissnin afta dat - me got borrd. Dady aks sumfing about poo. Me fink poo iz gross so me not kno more.

Dady Vixx will give updayte after hee com back from sumfing called footborl traynin. Hee haz put sum yummee food down so me going to scoff food and fink of wayz to pay dady back for de expensyv tryp.

Yoo orl haf nyce daye.

Lots of love.

Gizmo.
29 Jan
7:27pm, 29 Jan 2024
119,002 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Awww Gizmo! I am so glad you have been checked out. At your age I feel better safe than sorry. Plus, you are a VIC after all!
29 Jan
10:08pm, 29 Jan 2024
2,085 posts
  •  
Vixx
Hello. I see that Gizmo has already been to influence you all with his tale of woe.

I was a bit bothered that the vet didn't seem at all interested in the constipation, despite reading online that it's not the best thing.

She seemed more bothered about the heart murmur and said she'd price up a heart scan but it was up to me if I went and had it done because of his age. She's told me what to look for should anything go wrong, but he also has a dodgy kidney so you could place your bets on what will get him - can you die of sheer grumpiness?

So I now have liquid gabapentin for his joints and liquid laxative to help loosen his bowels and am nearly Ā£250.00 lighter. You got to give him that - he's good for shedding the pounds!
29 Jan
10:29pm, 29 Jan 2024
12,204 posts
  •  
leaguefreak
They do that to you. I forked out the best part of 60 quid last week for a vet to agree with me that Boba's eye did indeed look like it had got better all on its own.

I'm sure you'll make the best decision about what Gizmo needs now.
29 Jan
10:45pm, 29 Jan 2024
2,086 posts
  •  
Vixx
He's my baby leaguefreak - I will do everything I can to be sure that he has what he needs and is happy (as happy as one that pretends to be grumpy can be). Whilst he is still troughing food, drinking water and pushing my laptop out of the way for a cuddle, I think all will be well in his world. Oh, and pooping.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!