Cats in Boxes

4 lurkers | 97 watchers
28 Jan
9:19am, 28 Jan 2024
4,901 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Pill pockets only worked a few times for me then they sussed it out.
28 Jan
9:23am, 28 Jan 2024
17,698 posts
  •  
Garfield
And that's reminded me of a 35ish year old photo of me and a friend's cat. I'm not sure why we did it...

CK2
28 Jan
9:25am, 28 Jan 2024
2,596 posts
  •  
CK2
Pill pocket has worked for us. Otherwise mashed in food.

Which brand do you use jda?
Thanks
28 Jan
10:15am, 28 Jan 2024
2,079 posts
  •  
Vixx
I will be asking the vet, don't worry, but my neighbour (who looks after Gizmo when I am away) and I have noticed that Gizmo is peeing loads but not pooping anywhere near as much as he used to, yet is eating the same amount as usual.
The vet came and assessing him walking about the other day as he has been on gabapentin for his arthritis (but refused his tablets most of the time) and said that she'd get some medicine for him to take in liquid form. They haven't called back yet, but is the not pooping something that is an emergency type of thing?
28 Jan
11:10am, 28 Jan 2024
118,910 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I would have that checked out Vixx. Cats often get kidney problems, especially when older and he is peeing more as well.

Re giving tablets: impossible with Lasya, so on the rare occasions she needed them I had the option of paying more for a slow release injection. This is not possible with everything, these were antibiotics. Worth an ask though?
jda
28 Jan
11:52am, 28 Jan 2024
16,334 posts
  •  
jda
Think they were greenies CK2 for worming tablets but we've swapped to a dropper as it's easier (not that they like that either but at least brute force works).
28 Jan
12:49pm, 28 Jan 2024
2,080 posts
  •  
Vixx
Thanks Hanneke. We know he has a kidney issue anyway (one is fiunctioning at 50% apparently), so I am concerned. I don't think I have cleared a poo out of the litter tray since Thur morning, but he has been out in the garden twice so can't say for sure he hasn't been. He's nearly 17 and his arthritis is causing him issues too.
28 Jan
1:16pm, 28 Jan 2024
118,921 posts
  •  
Hanneke
17! A mighty age but sadly also one when problems start occurring. Definitely check him out Vixx and hope he has just started pooping mainly outside 🤞
CK2
28 Jan
2:58pm, 28 Jan 2024
2,597 posts
  •  
CK2
Thanks for the recommendation jda and the suggestion Hanneke - very helpful.

I hope the vet can help Vixx. We have to chase ours - they aren’t always good at getting back to us.
28 Jan
4:01pm, 28 Jan 2024
4,905 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Gino has decided to snuggle up to my phone case.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
All the cat people out there know that cats love boxes, so go on then and lets see you feline friend. Boxes optional :) This is the cat appreciation thread along with Miaow, Purr, Yawn!