•  
GregP
:-)
Jun 2008
1:40pm, 12 Jun 2008
2,805 posts
  •  
hammerite
BB - I'm not questioning your legs in shorts at all. More a case of world champs stripes, and being able to back it up should you be challenged. Although I doubt you'd get challenged, but you never know :-)

I thought about buying a polka dot jersey as I think they look cool, but then realised that I'm no Pantani when it comes to hills.
Jun 2008
1:42pm, 12 Jun 2008
36,036 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Oh, I'd like a polkadot jersey too, but so far have restrained myself, as I look a real numpty struggling up the hills here with my current bike setup...
Jun 2008
1:43pm, 12 Jun 2008
36,037 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I just refuse to get a compact or triple, but am paying for it... I am still hoping the legs will get stronger and I will be better able to cope...
Jun 2008
1:46pm, 12 Jun 2008
2,806 posts
  •  
hammerite
OK the tri thread is bust for me again. But as this is a bike leg question........

What should I do in a tri with the paraphanalia I usually carry on my bike? For a normal ride I would normally have a pump attached to a bottle cage and a saddle bag with a spare tube and some tools in. I did my tri with these attached to my bike on Sunday, but noticed very few others do this.

Should I keep these bits on my bike just in case? If I had no way of fixing my bike during a tri would I just have to pull out (I'd be pretty p!ssed off!)?
Jun 2008
1:55pm, 12 Jun 2008
2,304 posts
  •  
GregP
Well done, Hanns. Refusing to have a triple on principle. I'm all in favour of that,

Sprint - take everything off. If you get a flat its game over anyway. And take one of your bottle cages off if you've got two.
Jun 2008
1:58pm, 12 Jun 2008
36,043 posts
  •  
Hanneke
I took everything off, but my bike computer and one bottle cage, in which I had a half litre bidon with energy drink, just in case I needed it... it was a hbot day, so I did have a couple of sips, the only thing I took in during the whole tri, so next time I think I will leave the bottle in transition for those sips... Then again, I do need to drink something when I swallow a fly, which seems to be happening a lot at the moment, both on the bike and running!
Jun 2008
1:59pm, 12 Jun 2008
2,808 posts
  •  
hammerite
Seriously? Would one bottle cage make that much difference? I'm no Cancellara (btw. I'm not trying to distance myself from every pro cyclist in the last 10 years!)
Jun 2008
2:01pm, 12 Jun 2008
2,308 posts
  •  
GregP
Joe Beer's been banging on about aero dimples on bidons, ffs.

Apparantle with a standard (non aero) frame, a bidon on the downtube is more aero than not having one.

And Hammers - for the love of God take off your bar tape - its HEAVY.
Jun 2008
2:02pm, 12 Jun 2008
2,809 posts
  •  
hammerite
should I keep those bits on for longer races? (obviously the bottle cage, as I'll need to drink more).

I don't drink in transition I drink on the move, but like you hann over a sprint it's usually just a couple of mouthfulls. I'll drink quite abit more over an Oly or Half IM.

About This Thread

Maintained by GregP