•  
LindsD
Well done.
Jul 2020
4:11pm, 8 Jul 2020
2,910 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I have to say Linds - today's was a bit of a 'big girl's pants' day as I couldn't have sedation as I had no one to go with me. I told myself it couldn't be worse than the last few miles of a marathon and in terms of pain it definitely wasn't. This running lark helps in some funny ways. Looking forward to getting back to my cake habit tomorrow and have realised that I'll be walking past the little M&S at the hospital entrance so I may indulge in some bought cake to tide me over until I can bake. Every cloud and all that.
Jul 2020
4:14pm, 8 Jul 2020
38,768 posts
  •  
LindsD
Every cloud. Sorry you couldn't have sedation. I have been in that position of having to go alone and it sucks. M&S cake is good....
Jul 2020
4:31pm, 8 Jul 2020
6,699 posts
  •  
sallykate
M&S is a very shiny lining to the cloud :-) I used to love their apricot Swiss roll as a teen, and those almond biscuits with nibs in.

No baking here recently, unless you count Yorkshire puds yesterday. Must remember to feed my starter for sourdough tomorrow, to be baked Friday.
Jul 2020
4:37pm, 8 Jul 2020
16,997 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Two boiled fruit cakes in the oven, one to leave with husband and one to take for me and mum :)
Will make fridge cake/tiffin tomorrow to split too

This is a habit learned from family holidays - mum always took cake and so did we when the kids were small and we were too skint for many teas out.
Jul 2020
4:47pm, 8 Jul 2020
27,511 posts
  •  
Wriggling Snake
skint is a great word.
Jul 2020
4:51pm, 8 Jul 2020
38,770 posts
  •  
LindsD
I am also baking next week to take on our weekend away. Hence the vegan question.
Jul 2020
4:58pm, 8 Jul 2020
6,701 posts
  •  
sallykate
I made a lovely vegan gluten-free cherry cake once - it was actually a recipe that V'rap shared on Fetch I think (literally years ago though) - if I can find it I'll add it to the cake article.
Jul 2020
5:10pm, 8 Jul 2020
38,772 posts
  •  
LindsD
Thank you!
Jul 2020
5:57pm, 8 Jul 2020
2,911 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I do the same for the same reason Rosehip.

Nice to have a weekend away to look forward to Linds - as you don't usually bake vegan I guess you're meeting up with friend's too? Even more to look forward to if so.

I'm rather partial to M&S gf coffee and walnut cake, good as far as bought mass produced gf cake goes but MiL has sent some chocolate cake up with OH when he took her shopping so I may content myself with that.

About This Thread

Maintained by LindsD
Can't find one, so I thought I would start one, to share ideas, results and recipes....and the all-important pictures.

Recipes we like: cakes

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=552

Recipes we like: bread

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=553

Recipes we like: savoury snacks

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=554

Recipes we like: biscuits

fetcheveryone.com/article-view.php?id=555