A Good Cup of Coffee

1 lurker | 78 watchers
14 Sep
11:39am, 14 Sep 2024
1,417 posts
  •  
Hertford Tiger
On the subject of coffee I was in Somerset recently and bought a bag of Espresso veloute beans roasted by Miles and co.

I am very impressed with these. Low acidity smooth and lots of nutty chocolate flavours.

Not outrageously expensive £4.85 for 227g and happy to see they do mail order with larger bags available
14 Sep
2:17pm, 14 Sep 2024
24,366 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Please give us a review @Diogenes as and when.
14 Sep
2:25pm, 14 Sep 2024
24,367 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
@Hertford Tiger Miles & Co reminds me of my first job as a receptionist in Avonmouth docks. We got our tea and coffee from Miles & Co. I think they had a depot near the docks. My ex-local deli in Bristol stocks them.

I’ve yet to try any of the roasters up here in Moray. My last purchase was Sumatran Mandheling from M & S; another good one from them; strong, rich roast. I notice there’s a tiny roaster in Findhorn so will cycle over when I get a good day and give them a try.
14 Sep
2:58pm, 14 Sep 2024
11,641 posts
  •  
Fields
I bought a kilo bag of Lidl beans during Italian week, hoping it’s a knock off lavazza rosso

Still doing fine with an electric bean grinder and a filter coffee machine. Had rave reviews for the taste recently
14 Sep
10:19pm, 14 Sep 2024
88,114 posts
  •  
Diogenes
Red Squirrel wrote:Please give us a review @Diogenes as and when.

I will. I plan to use this, unlike our current Nespresso machine. Talking of which, if anyone wants a Nespresso machine, I know of one for sale.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Red Squirrel
Non-tea drinker here and nowhere to talk about the caffeine bean, so I thought I'd start a thread. ...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.