401 Marathons in 401 Days #401runwithben

21 watchers
Mar 2016
12:20pm, 14 Mar 2016
4,183 posts
  •  
Nightjar
nice one James. He often has a good crowd but I guess it comes down to who is organising the route and how much local support they can drum up. Also difficult when you have to work but I'm looking forward to him coming back down south and I will be taking a day off work to run with him again.

To re-iterate to everyone, Ben runs at YOUR pace, and many people come along and run a part of the way, eg the first five miles or whatever.
Mar 2016
8:16pm, 14 Mar 2016
3,025 posts
  •  
Nelly
Any Fetchies in Glasgow available to run with Ben on 21st??? m.facebook.com
duo
Mar 2016
8:16pm, 14 Mar 2016
219 posts
  •  
duo
Just to bump this but I've seen on FB that he'll be running solo in Glasgow next Monday. Unfortunately I can't be there but if anyone in the Glasgow\Clyde Coast\Central Belt can help then please do.
Mar 2016
8:52pm, 14 Mar 2016
8,449 posts
  •  
maT.T.
Come on Fetches. Must be someone out there...
Mar 2016
9:06pm, 14 Mar 2016
1,710 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
I'm guessing a lot of folk won't have this thread on watch, might be worth posting on Scottish Runners 2016 for best exposure........... I'll do that in a minute.
Mar 2016
4:15pm, 27 Mar 2016
918 posts
  •  
Surelynot
I had the great honour to run with Ben today round the Dumfries half marathin course.

We had four seasons in one run including hail stones.

Its an amazing thing he's doing. He's back this way in July so hope to run with him again.
Mar 2016
11:48am, 29 Mar 2016
498 posts
  •  
RedAlex76
Will be running with Ben at the end of April in Twickenham two days before the London Marathon.

Looking forward to being able to run the full distance with him and officially becoming a Marathoner with out the pressure of persuing a certain time!
Mar 2016
2:59pm, 29 Mar 2016
920 posts
  •  
Surelynot
By the time July comes around I hope to be able to do the full 26 with him.
Mar 2016
4:14pm, 29 Mar 2016
1,731 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Has anyone sent a message offering help via the website form ?

I sent a message for a date when he's near me, offering a bed, food, etc, but not heard back, that was about a week or 10 days ago. Not sure what sort of support team he has looking after the admin and planning future days.
Mar 2016
4:30pm, 29 Mar 2016
3,071 posts
  •  
Nelly
Gus, good on you for offering :-) I believe Ben's parents are looking after all the admin and future planning etc. But all my dealings have been with the running club local to my place of work, as they've taken over route/timing logistics for when he's running around here, so I'm not sure what time of turn around to expect on such requests.

Speaking of which, if work load allows, I'll be running with Ben again on Friday. And then hopefully I'll be way ahead of him at Greater Manchester Marathon in a little under two weeks ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by Nightjar
Let's support Ben Smith who is running "...401 marathons in 401 consecutive days around 309 different locations of the UK. The aim is to raise £250,000 for two fantastic charities, ‘Stonewall’ and ‘Kidscape’. Both these charities work tirelessly to combat bullying in our schools and society."

This is a staggering commitment - no injuries or days off feeling poorly are allowed. He is a lovely chap, a joy to run with, and he'll run at anyone's pace. He has already inspired many people to run their first marathon with him.

the401challenge.co.uk

The events are all listed on Facebook. You can view/subscribe here.

facebook.com