1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
18 Jun
10:04am, 18 Jun 2024
15,282 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, it's a 6 monthly routine checkup, so hopefully, no nasty surprises.

Well done for this mornings 4.3 miles on the usual trails.
18 Jun
10:44am, 18 Jun 2024
6 posts
  •  
JackFW
Thanks, Hillstrider.

Steve, I run the long way round (10km) but walk back the direct route (2km!).

Running twice a day is not my thing - that falls within the domain and expertise of MrM2 (good name to running programme ratio!).
18 Jun
11:58am, 18 Jun 2024
3,884 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I live near Aberdeen in Scotland. Right on the edge of the Cairngorm mountains and down the river from Balmoral castle.

Lovely pictures there Jack.

My routine dental appointments are now every year rather than 6 months. Hope it goes well HS.

Well done on your run Steve and everyone else.

Hoping to go out tonight with the club, we have our annual Solstice run on Thursday evening too. We head up the local hill for sunset, last year was amazing. Forecast is cloudy at the moment.
18 Jun
2:26pm, 18 Jun 2024
10,227 posts
  •  
PeterFay
Slowly building up again - parkruns lst 2 weeks
18 Jun
2:36pm, 18 Jun 2024
10,228 posts
  •  
PeterFay
PeterFay wrote:Slowly building up again - parkruns last 2 weeks
18 Jun
2:43pm, 18 Jun 2024
15,284 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That's good news Peter, keep it up 😄
19 Jun
5:42am, 19 Jun 2024
6 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
No running last few days as I was working nights and that always tires me out

4 miles around the Polo club at 7am today, already 36 degrees but a bit of cloud cover helped
19 Jun
9:19am, 19 Jun 2024
4 posts
  •  
Donnie1
Jack and lesley: slightly envious of your locations. I'm plodding around sub urban roads in south yorkshire!!

Two runs to add 5.2 and 5.3, both slightly squeezed in after work and before tea. Never like feeling rushed when running.

Ytd: 411.2
19 Jun
9:22am, 19 Jun 2024
6,957 posts
  •  
steve45
500 miles north of where I am Lesley! I remember you telling us about the solstice run in previous years, hope the skies clear for the run.
Twice a year dental check ups here although that's not NHS, we had no choice but to take the private route when the dentist opted out of NHS work. Overall though it's a good deal but I don't approve of the principle.
Good news that you're back and building up nicely Peter, you're doing better than I am☹️.
A good routine JackFW, once a day running is enough for most of us (I think).

Heck, there was a very chilling north east wind this morning which was quite a shock to the system as we went out. Ran /walk as usual with Torey along river trail; the wind was with us on turning thank goodness!
19 Jun
12:33pm, 19 Jun 2024
4,204 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Not sure how you cope in Dubai with that heat. I was in Abu Dhabi recently and was able to trot around the Yas Marina circuit which was fun.

Garmin supersets for me today still feeling hard but got it done.

Good to see you back Peter.

Well done Steve.
Donnie I’m sure a lot of us would like to be running around Yorkshire 😃

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000