1000 miles in 2024

4 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
18 May
8:51am, 18 May 2024
6,888 posts
  •  
steve45
Not such a good outing for me this morning, same route of 5k as yesterday and thought before leaving the house that I was on the mend. Annoyingly I was coughing up "nasty stuff" again very couple of hundred metres.

Despite that it was nice to see the white hoardes of blooming oxeye daisies and some poppies along the verges.
18 May
11:50am, 18 May 2024
15,123 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sorry to hear Steve that you are still suffering with that nasty cough. Are you taking any medication for it? Well done for persevering with the 5k.

We ran the Bartley Park parkrun this morning on course C again, 4 hilly laps finishing at the top of a hill. I was pleased with my 29.16 which is my quickest this year on that course. I must have been maintaining a steady pace as my mile splits were 9 37 9.37 9.41.
18 May
12:27pm, 18 May 2024
11,806 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done for an evenly run parkrun hillstrider.
Grrr to the coughing Steve.
18 May
3:51pm, 18 May 2024
15,127 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF
18 May
6:37pm, 18 May 2024
4,152 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Sorry to hear you’re not fully better Steve but well done for keeping in and seeing the bright side. I got pickpocketed yesterday in Berlin but of a downer on an otherwise good weekend.
30:07 for me at parkrun off the back of a busy weekend happy enough with it. Me and both my friends were all first in our age groups. Well done on yours HS.

Sorry I’ve not read back yet.
18 May
7:24pm, 18 May 2024
11,807 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Oh that's a bummer Looby Loo sorry to read that. Well done to the 3 of you for your age group firsts.
19 May
9:53am, 19 May 2024
6,891 posts
  •  
steve45
That was a good 8.7 miler on Friday FF and krikey, some serious bike miles too.
Proving your "hs" status on the hilly park run hs. Excellent pacing.
That was a downer in Berlin LL, hope the culprits ( I'd use a far more derogatory term verbally) didn't benefit much from their mean actions. Good park run by you and your friends, well done.
Coughed well during my 4.1 miles , nice and early, glorious sunshine, quite the best time of year. No hs, not on any medication but if I'm still trying to clear my chest by mid week I'll see the GP again.
19 May
11:25am, 19 May 2024
11,811 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
The bike miles are commuting steve45 with an odd extra mile or two if I have the time and inclination.
19 May
11:38am, 19 May 2024
3,838 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Shame about the cough, hopefully you can get something for it.

Big bike miles and running miles FF, I wish I had time to do that too.

That's awful LL, bloody pick pockets. Well done on your Parkrun.

I did 13 miles yesterday, I went up my local hill and then Parkrun (was a little late). It was rather hot. Recovery run this morning, much cooler but boy can I feel my legs today.
19 May
2:40pm, 19 May 2024
15,133 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sorry to hear about the pick pocket LL.

Well done for your parkrun and 1st AG!

Thanks Steve. I would definitely see a GP (if you can get an appointment, ) if that cough doesn't clear up. Well done for this mornings 4.I miles.

Well done Lesley for yesterday's 13 miles, including a parkrun, and this mornings recovery run.

This morning was a steady 4.63 miles run in the forest with three running friends, ending with a long sprint on the pavement.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000