Who Squares Wins!

1 lurker | 174 watchers
Jun 2020
2:25pm, 28 Jun 2020
140 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
TBH, when I can get back to running, its HM training first and WSW, FP, Conquercise will fit around it. The 80/20 plan will be first, second, third etc. These games have been the only way I am motivated to get out on a bike and do something rather than sitting at home feeling sorry for myself.
Jun 2020
2:25pm, 28 Jun 2020
18,227 posts
  •  
Serendippily
If someone who can run 8 or 9 miles plus in a go feels a bit too challenged by someone who is building up their run length a chunk at a time I find that quite funny. I would do everything at a run and then go back and walk it if I could
Jun 2020
2:32pm, 28 Jun 2020
40 posts
  •  
bja61
westmoors, I agree - if I’ve changed into kit it’s exercise. My rule of thumb is that I don’t do anything artificial just for WSW. It does seem harsh on out and back runs though, and sometimes if I’m doing a double run day the second outing might be a walk out and run back... or vice versa, but I don’t think that is breaking the spirit of the game. I’ll also stop a run half a mile from home and walk back, but that is also just sensible a start to recovery I think and I’d do it anyway.
Jun 2020
2:42pm, 28 Jun 2020
30 posts
  •  
wezza1967
Just had an idle moment and had a look. at the multiplayer situation. And wow!! What a.highj level. There's geordiegirl on 200 squares and not even top 32!! Incredible!
Jun 2020
3:07pm, 28 Jun 2020
10,740 posts
  •  
Little Nemo
I think it's up to the individual to decide how they record their training and what constitutes exercise. It would be incredibly harsh to say that someone starting out (or returning from injury) shouldn't have their efforts deemed eligible.

Games will always be gamed by those that want to and it's up to those taking part to decide what they're comfortable doing. In the end it's just a game so maybe take it slightly less seriously?
Jun 2020
3:10pm, 28 Jun 2020
31 posts
  •  
wezza1967
I tend to sit in the camp of anything goes. I don't usually log anything under half a mile, but if someone wants to do a couple of foot worth of run, bike etc. then fair enough😀. All adds to the run of it, I reckon.
Jun 2020
3:12pm, 28 Jun 2020
41,726 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I agree with LN at the end of the day it’s a game to enjoyed and if it’s helping someone get door to some exercise then so be it :-)
Jun 2020
3:54pm, 28 Jun 2020
32 posts
  •  
wezza1967
Absolutely agree with L N and LG 😀
Jun 2020
5:14pm, 28 Jun 2020
35,351 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Exactly. I'd say anything goes. Perhaps except for actually making up FIT files to upload. If an easy dog walk, stroll to shops etc gets you a point in some squares then fine. I didn't used to bother logging walks but now I add in walk with dog. And if I haven't run in my home squares then a short trot sorts that then I can still run in hills or trails outside grid! . :-) G
Jun 2020
6:04pm, 28 Jun 2020
48 posts
  •  
unsliced
You can't log multiple activities of the same type per square per day, so breaking up isn't so bad, is it?

I've certainly started to log walks to the shops or cycling to the butcher's, etc. Would never have considered turning the Garmin on for those pre-WSW!

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php