Who Squares Wins!

2 lurkers | 174 watchers
Jun 2020
10:56pm, 14 Jun 2020
31 posts
  •  
bja61
Well done Snail! It’s been epic watching the last few weeks of multiplayer, great dedication all round!
Jun 2020
11:18pm, 14 Jun 2020
1,495 posts
  •  
Isabel
Well done to the new gridmasters!

I've had to concede defeat; plotted a 24km route that I think would have got me equal or slightly ahead based on the grid before I left. Halfway through my run I logged in to double check the exact route to capture one of the squares, and saw SooWoo had logged her 3rd run of the day!

Too much of a gap and if I'd finished the last 8km of today's run (the 16 I did was already way more than I would've otherwise done) I'd have felt obliged to go out tomorrow all morning and try and win, but I've got lesson prep I really should do tomorrow!

Sad to not make the multiplayer but I'll use it as an opportunity to improve my 1v1 game and maybe aim for some more badges. Definitely need to work on my grid placement as there's a lot I cant get at all, and the various motorways and railways mean there's a lot of too-ing and fro-ing between sections. Plus I got some dirty looks when i was off the public footpath within the gold course today! All a good learning curve!

Great game SooWoo, well done! :-)
Jun 2020
11:46pm, 14 Jun 2020
458 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
ITG, yes there is a a badge for winning multiplayer. It's gold!

ITG again, if you were serious about not getting the clear grid thing, this link will show you your current coverage without your current opponent shown:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-match.php?id=1350
Jun 2020
1:46am, 15 Jun 2020
19,196 posts
  •  
flanker
so how does that link work DS?
Jun 2020
2:22am, 15 Jun 2020
77 posts
  •  
Snail
flanker - it shows ITG the distribution of points she has scored in a week. The match it pulls up is irrelevant as it uses an opponent who has left the game. Each time it is refreshed it will show ITG where she has been in the week so far
Jun 2020
2:28am, 15 Jun 2020
19,197 posts
  •  
flanker
Yeah, I get what it does. I was asking how it works, and therefore how you adapt it for other players.
Jun 2020
2:50am, 15 Jun 2020
78 posts
  •  
Snail
Use the 2nd tab of Sam Jelf's spreadsheet (there is a neater link in an earlier post)

drive.google.com

Filter on the player you want (although not sure if that is working at moment)

Then find a game where the opponent of that player is no longer playing - and copy the link of this game to your browser

Have just looked and the file looks different to when I used it - so Sam may be able to advise tomorrow - but if you click on a few of the match links it should give you the idea
JCB
Jun 2020
6:15am, 15 Jun 2020
1,277 posts
  •  
JCB
Well done Snail and bish on the gridmaster.
Jun 2020
8:15am, 15 Jun 2020
9,532 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
Thanks,DS. That is actually handy. On my week off, I covered 97 squares.
Jun 2020
8:19am, 15 Jun 2020
9,533 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
I still had to ask the teen how to make a bookmark on the phone.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php