Who Squares Wins!

4 lurkers | 174 watchers
Jun 2020
9:15am, 1 Jun 2020
35,014 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
That's cool JCB. Yeah, that's what I'd like to be able to see on 1v1 for my matches. That's what I meant by my feature request. :-) G
Jun 2020
9:41am, 1 Jun 2020
751 posts
  •  
roberton
ITG: No chance of us being matched. You are, at least figuratively, in a different league to me. Hmmm... WSW leagues? 🤔

HappyG(rrr): thanks! Yes, I can't compete on mileage so I can only try to play to my strengths. Luckily I have really nice route that I don't mind hitting every day, although after this I'll be giving it a rest!

In exciting news 1: at this instant, I've gone from 5th to 3rd 😲

In exciting news 2: this is getting serious 😰
Jun 2020
9:44am, 1 Jun 2020
45,557 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Ooh, it's all to play for with 4th and 5th
Jun 2020
9:45am, 1 Jun 2020
33,826 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
A good contest this week, DocM - well done! I'm finished! I couldn't match your training intensity or your grid coverage (even with a midweek move!).
Jun 2020
9:49am, 1 Jun 2020
8,184 posts
  •  
GordonG
Roberton, I did wonder too about leagues. I know it's first and foremost a game, but if I ever got to the giddy heights of the top 20 rankings I know i'd get smashed. Not sure how leagues would work though when I guess the rankings are, in effect, one big league.
Jun 2020
9:56am, 1 Jun 2020
377 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
McGoohan, I'd worked out we'd be matched up for the first time ever up this coming week, but now see you're taking a break. Maybe next time (unless mole-thing and controversial are not on a break then). Meanwhile, I think I'll be with ITG or magnumpti.
Jun 2020
9:58am, 1 Jun 2020
378 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
Roberton, good luck for the multiplayer! This is tense.

As for leagues, I think the ranking and matching system already work like a rapid-response league with sort of weekly promotion and relegation (in as much as you're always matched with the closest not-recently-played player around you).
Jun 2020
9:59am, 1 Jun 2020
752 posts
  •  
roberton
McG: it is. Photo finish?!

I'm not assuming I'm safe in 3rd either. About to go out on the bike in case it helps hold on to any squares (a lot of mine are only by a point!)

Also, look at my explored count... not shown, but the next lowest is 111 🤦‍♀️
Jun 2020
10:03am, 1 Jun 2020
45,558 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Yeah, sorry DS I stopped running/riding this weekend as I was DIYing and a) I'm knackered as a result and b) I need to get some stuff done rather than obsessing about WSW too much.

roberton - that's great ownership for so few explored. I think it is going to be a photo this week. I wonder if Dave and Andy have got some training in the bank to log?
Jun 2020
10:05am, 1 Jun 2020
1,748 posts
  •  
CumbriAndy
Well done roberton and NDWDave - I'm sat in an office 40 miles outside my grid and will not be doing any more this week. My last chance went when I didn't get up at 4am to secure a few squares before my regular 6am alarm.

All the best for the semis :)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php