Who Squares Wins!

2 lurkers | 174 watchers
May 2020
3:38pm, 31 May 2020
40,854 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Ishepbthanks for That as it’s made the most sense to me. So at the moment I’m winning 63 - 41 ( sshh in case he goes out ) but under my name and previous results it says I have 93 squares so if I went out for run or walk today and explored 7 new squares that neither of us have I could potentially earn a new badge for having 100 squares?

It’s bloody hot at the moment to go further than my back garden but it might be worth it this evening
WA
May 2020
3:40pm, 31 May 2020
6,946 posts
  •  
WA
Yes LG. You don't need to own the squares to get the badge. At least I'm pretty sure you don't
May 2020
3:40pm, 31 May 2020
19,854 posts
  •  
Dvorak
A battle with Sigh this week, where he been consistently a step ahead. But last night I briefly pulled into the lead , cycling assisted, but was outmatched this morning by a half marathon. Will today's bike tip the balance?
May 2020
3:48pm, 31 May 2020
55 posts
  •  
Snail
Lipgloss - The 7 more squares that you need to get to 100 - are simply ones that you haven't been in this week (ie it is irrelevant whether your opponent has been in them or not)
May 2020
3:49pm, 31 May 2020
3,743 posts
  •  
RRR-CAZ πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§
Getting slaughtered this week by mole-thing well played MT. To cheer myself up did a half marathon after work it is damn hot but I got me the Gridmaster badge :-)
May 2020
3:58pm, 31 May 2020
40,855 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Perfect thanks as they close to home and all together....actually if I had done a 10 mile run yesterday instead of 9 I would have got them then - doh
May 2020
5:30pm, 31 May 2020
1,928 posts
  •  
mole-thing
Thanks RRR and well done on the Gridmaster.

In a moment of aberration I allowed a friend to persuade me to enter the Centurion 100 mile thingy. It’s been tough. 13 miles left.
May 2020
5:35pm, 31 May 2020
6,474 posts
  •  
Sigh
@Dvorak, all week I've watched you take control of the part of the grid where my HM was, so I had a feeling it was going to be close!
May 2020
5:43pm, 31 May 2020
481 posts
  •  
ishep πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡Ί
Happy to help πŸ™‚

While I'm at it, I may as well try to clearly explain the workaround for seeing just the squares you have visited so far in the current week, as I think a few people are unsure or don't know about it. Unfortunately, it's not something that has been deliberately designed in, so it's not simple, and it only works when you have been playing long enough to have a link to a suitable previous match...

Each match has a number, which you can see in the URL for the page when you're viewing the match, which means you can save the URL to look back at a given match at some point in the future. However, as this was never intended to be done, an accidental quirk of how Fetch has coded the page means that, when you view an old match, what you actually see are the squares visited *in the current week* by each of the people in the (old) match you are viewing. This means that if you view the page for an old match between you and someone who has not explored anything in the current week, you will see just where you've been yourself, which is useful if you're trying for a badge. A useful tip is to find the URL of a match you played with someone who has since left the game. There is a spreadsheet available with links to lots of past games, which you can find linked in the appropriate previous post in this forum, which should appear fairly high up in the "most pinned" (near the top of this page)
May 2020
8:57pm, 31 May 2020
40,864 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Went out for a walk and I'm now the owner of a shiny new badge ;-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php

Game guide here:
fetcheveryone.com/wsw-guide.php